Thread: Before I start on my 2019 Gen V question.

Tuner in Training

Before I start on my 2019 Gen V question.

#1 is there a way to tell from the numbers on an engine what Vin it is?

I have what I was told is a 2019 Silverado 5.3 L83 / 6L80E with a E90 PCM. I have not hooked up to it yet as it is all being installed in my 55 Chevy.

From bouncing all over the net, I am reading that the 2019 Gen V is different from the 18 and earlier.

Is there anything I need to think about or look for before I get to my wiring and programming phase?

(I have done fuel mapping in the past but Im talking serial cable, OBD1 days)

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Advanced Tuner
    The vin should be stamped on the rear of the block somewhere.

The 2019+ stuff is different from 2018 and below as you mentioned. The 2019+ motors can do afm/dod on all cylinders instead of just 1 - 4 - 6 -7.I haven't personally seen anyone do an e90 swap so I'll be interested in the pitfalls you find, but we're happy to help over here.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    The vin should be stamped on the rear of the block somewhere.

The 2019+ stuff is different from 2018 and below as you mentioned. The 2019+ motors can do afm/dod on all cylinders instead of just 1 - 4 - 6 -7.I haven't personally seen anyone do an e90 swap so I'll be interested in the pitfalls you find, but we're happy to help over here.
    I found out, money wise, Im just getting an E92 PCM and Ill sell the E90. It is easier to program. I also found that it IS a L84 with the dod after looking at lifters.