Thread: B8.5 A4 2.0T Parameters/Channels

Potential Tuner

B8.5 A4 2.0T Parameters/Channels

Hello,

Just got my MPVI2 unit hooked up and am working on putting together my Channel/Layout/Gauge setup files. It seems a few parameters are missing from my channels list. I'm especially looking for Wastegate Duty Cycle/ N75 control/ etc.. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

2014 Audi A4 B8.5 2.0T CPMB

Thank You!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SNice View Post
    Hello,

Just got my MPVI2 unit hooked up and am working on putting together my Channel/Layout/Gauge setup files. It seems a few parameters are missing from my channels list. I'm especially looking for Wastegate Duty Cycle/ N75 control/ etc.. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

2014 Audi A4 B8.5 2.0T CPMB

Thank You!!!!
    yes you will need to hound HPT for the 13+ to get them added as i have also done Good luck

2013-A4-2LT6MT-Reduced.Channels.xml
    CrystalsB85.Layout.xml

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    yes you will need to hound HPT for the 13+ to get them added as i have also done Good luck

2013-A4-2LT6MT-Reduced.Channels.xml
    CrystalsB85.Layout.xml
    Awesome! I appreciate the share! Thank You! I'll get in contact with tech support about the WGDC parameter. Sucks because I was about to switch out my N75 for a new one and wanted to log any differences... maybe I can't trash OBDeleven just yet! Any other parameters that you know of that are missing?

Does it matter whether I'm running the Beta or Stable version of the VCM suite software? I'm just logging for now.

Thank You!

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome! I appreciate the share! Thank You! I'll get in contact with tech support about the WGDC parameter. Sucks because I was about to switch out my N75 for a new one and wanted to log any differences... maybe I can't trash OBDeleven just yet! Any other parameters that you know of that are missing?

Does it matter whether I'm running the Beta or Stable version of the VCM suite software? I'm just logging for now.

Thank You!
    The files I provided should be the most comprehensive and fastest for most necessary params, things you will want to ask for are WGDC, injection time MS, and requested engine load

Potential Tuner
    I am in the beginning stages like you Snice. Any updates on the above?

Potential Tuner
    Yes! Today I got a ticket response saying they added the Wastegate duty cycle. You need to update to the latest Beta version - it's channel #2304. Not sure if anything else was added but definitely worth a look. Haven't hooked it up to the car yet but I was able to locate the channel...

Advanced Tuner
    Yes! Today I got a ticket response saying they added the Wastegate duty cycle. You need to update to the latest Beta version - it's channel #2304. Not sure if anything else was added but definitely worth a look. Haven't hooked it up to the car yet but I was able to locate the channel...
    Nice! the harassment paid off hahaha

Tuner in Training
    Hello I notice you guys use the HP tuning software for the Audi a4 2.0TFSI B8.5, do you have any issues? I recently purchased the hardware and was informed that it's not supported for the B8.5 model by hptuners support.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark88 View Post
    Hello I notice you guys use the HP tuning software for the Audi a4 2.0TFSI B8.5, do you have any issues? I recently purchased the hardware and was informed that it's not supported for the B8.5 model by hptuners support.
    I tune North American 2013-2016 B8.5 A4 2.0T manual and ZF8 almost everyday with HPTuners….

Tuner in Training
    Simply amazing, thank you. I have come across so many of your forums, I could not have asked for a better confirmation.

Tuner in Training
    Do you use the current suite version or do you tend to tune with the Beta version?

Potential Tuner
    Hey Ark88,
    I'm a newby here at HPT and looking to find any help with tuning my 2014 A5 2.0TFSI engine code CPMB flex fuel E85 model with metal intake. I've looked everywhere online and seems like all the cooky cutter download companies: APR/IE, GIAC, etc don't have all the features I need or allow you to do it on your own tunes from home. I purchased the K04 turbo kit from APR and thought the K04 software I could do on my own but later found out I have to take it to an authorized APR/Audi dealer to have them do the flashes. I want to be able to do changes from my own garage with a good tuner person as I make changes to my system. I was wondering if you can make a recommendation on me going ahead and buying the new MPVI3 when its available Sept, since the MPVI2t says its currently not available with pro. And someone that I could start sending my logging files to give me pointers? Thanks for any info William

Literally a few posts above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by wewwolf View Post
    Hey Ark88,
    I'm a newby here at HPT and looking to find any help with tuning my 2014 A5 2.0TFSI engine code CPMB flex fuel E85 model with metal intake. I've looked everywhere online and seems like all the cooky cutter download companies: APR/IE, GIAC, etc don't have all the features I need or allow you to do it on your own tunes from home. I purchased the K04 turbo kit from APR and thought the K04 software I could do on my own but later found out I have to take it to an authorized APR/Audi dealer to have them do the flashes. I want to be able to do changes from my own garage with a good tuner person as I make changes to my system. I was wondering if you can make a recommendation on me going ahead and buying the new MPVI3 when its available Sept, since the MPVI2t says its currently not available with pro. And someone that I could start sending my logging files to give me pointers? Thanks for any info William
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I tune North American 2013-2016 B8.5 A4 2.0T manual and ZF8 almost everyday with HPTuners?.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wewwolf View Post
    Hey Ark88,
    Hey I would be happy to give my input on the HP tuners. I too went through some cookie cutter shit with a plug and play and just hated the delayed and inconsistent response from the modifier chip. I have the MPVI2+, our car has a wide band o2 sensor already so not 100% sure if it is necessary to get the pro-feature but you do you. I am enjoying the software, though it took me some time to figure it out, literally a month. Overall I love the tune file I am working on car runs beautifully for the most part, still making my modifications. The scanner is on point when plugged into a laptop for recording, so I can do morning runs on the way to work and modify at night. I would say if you have the patience and are okay with the lack of approach on tuning for the Med17.1 then go for it. I think it was worth it all the way.

Potential Tuner
    Great, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully they'll get these back in stock, all version out on product page. I keep checking daily but they say on back order. Can't wait

Potential Tuner
    Sorry! Haven?t logged in a while! I?m not looking to get into the tuning hobby (I have more than enough). so I?m leaving that up to Tyler at WPT! He?s been great. Car feels amazing and makes me want to keep pushing it. I?m in the process of installing a meth kit and fitting a 6758 EFR. Once I get all that in, I?ll be going back to Tyler for my tune! Can?t wait.

I do have another question regarding channels though - has camshaft phase adaptation angle been added yet? I would like to check my timing chain stretch.

?Till next time!!! .