Thread: Ve tuning 2000 4.3

Tuner in Training

Ve tuning 2000 4.3

I have a 2000 4.3 Blazer, I have installed a marine intake and turbo. I am currently tuning the secondary VE table after setting it to open loop speed density and will move on to the MAF afterwards.

My first question is, once the secondary VE is correct, how should I copy and paste into my primary? The two do not match, secondary map axis read 20,30,40,50....... and my primary axis read 15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50.......RPM match. should I copy and paste by matching row and then interpolate?

The second question is, which is best for boost tuning since my OS only supports 1 bar map? MAF or power enrichment?

I'm tuning with a wideband, but plan on re installing the stock 02's.

Thanks for the help

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcaudell View Post
    I have a 2000 4.3 Blazer, I have installed a marine intake and turbo. I am currently tuning the secondary VE table after setting it to open loop speed density and will move on to the MAF afterwards.

My first question is, once the secondary VE is correct, how should I copy and paste into my primary? The two do not match, secondary map axis read 20,30,40,50....... and my primary axis read 15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50.......RPM match. should I copy and paste by matching row and then interpolate?

The second question is, which is best for boost tuning since my OS only supports 1 bar map? MAF or power enrichment?

I'm tuning with a wideband, but plan on re installing the stock 02's.

Thanks for the help
    For boost, best to re-pin for a P01 or P59 and go to a custom operating system. I prefer the P59 since it has a 3-bar OS available. Not hard to do since the last 4.3L S10s and Astro vans had the P59 from GM and the stock tune is available for it.

I copy paste the rows that match and interpolate across the gaps. Works well enough for me.

Tuner in Training
    I have purchased credits for the stock pcm in the truck, if I swap to p59 pcm will I have to buy additional credits and trash the ones already purchased?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    For boost, best to re-pin for a P01 or P59 and go to a custom operating system. I prefer the P59 since it has a 3-bar OS available. Not hard to do since the last 4.3L S10s and Astro vans had the P59 from GM and the stock tune is available for it.

I copy paste the rows that match and interpolate across the gaps. Works well enough for me.

Tuner in Training
    Which OS or year/ model P59 would you suggest for a 2000 4.3 DBC turbo 4L60e?