Thread: Looking to ghost cam my 2017 whippled GT

Potential Tuner

Looking to ghost cam my 2017 whippled GT

Hi guys, im new to the HP tuner world and am looking at modding my current 2017 Mustang GT tune to include a Ghost cam. It has a gen3 stage two Whipple setup. I have found a few files for the ghost cam but would like a little direction if possible as to what needs to incorporated into my tune to keep the settings needed for the Whipple tune and what will need to be incorporated to produce the Ghost cam features. Has anyone achieved this previously.
    Last edited by Mrmustang1974; 09-20-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Potential Tuner
    This is my current tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I?ve had my Whipple 2018 working with a ghost cam using the Whipple tune as a base file.

Veefour why do you say a ghost cam is bad for boost?

You can literally grenade your engine if cams can't get back in time while you boost it - too risky...

Advanced Tuner
    I return the cams to normal positions at 1000 rpm. Even if they don’t respond fast enough, the ghost cam positions I use are well within the range of what is used at wot. For instance, I might use 0/20 for ghost cam, but run wot at -20/20 (even more overlap), 0/20 (same), or 5/15 (less overlap). Those cam timings work fine at wot.

Depends what angle you want to use for chop - had this once or twice while going to WOT engine inhaled ton of fuel and wanted to puke...
    I'd say do whatever you want but personally I'd say yes for chop, no way I do chop and boost for anyone - just my 5 cents.

Potential Tuner
    cheers ty for the great advice.