Question Creating Gear Shift Overlay

I have to display my gears, but the equipment I am using has the following:

1R
    Neutral (N)
    1F
    1F L
    2F
    2F L

I want to know if it is possible to modify an existing gear gauge, or if I'll have to program my own? I have very limited programming experience so I would prefer to limit the amount of coding. It doesn't have to look pretty, so any quick&dirty method would be great. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post a sample data file? If you have some sample data and can describe what you'd like the gauge to look like, then I'd be willing to code up a custom overlay for you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Can you post a sample data file? If you have some sample data and can describe what you'd like the gauge to look like, then I'd be willing to code up a custom overlay for you.
    I've attached what the data looks like. I would need it to be able to show the spaces. Literally just an overlay that says Current Gear: XXX would work perfect. I tried using the built in one, but it only seems to work with numbers. gear2.PNGgear1.PNG

Potential Tuner
    Here is a sample csv file

sample.csv

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCAT View Post
    Here is a sample csv file

sample.csv
    Hmm...RaceRender unfortunately doesn't currently have the ability to read Text data from data files (see this post). If you have control of the data file, could you possibly number the gears instead of using text? Maybe something like:

-1 = 1R
    0 = Neutral
    1 = 1F
    2 = 1F L
    3 = 2F
    4 = 2F L

Then something like this should work: Gear - Low.rro

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Hmm...RaceRender unfortunately doesn't currently have the ability to read Text data from data files (see this post). If you have control of the data file, could you possibly number the gears instead of using text? Maybe something like:

-1 = 1R
    0 = Neutral
    1 = 1F
    2 = 1F L
    3 = 2F
    4 = 2F L

Then something like this should work: Gear - Low.rro
    I just implemented your solution, and after some jigging it worked like a charm. I'd buy you a beer if I could!