Thread: 00 TA Injector Questions

Potential Tuner

00 TA Injector Questions

My tuning experience = 0.

Car: 2000 TA 5.7 A4 99.9% stock - only mod is an air lid and filter.

Future mods: Converter, headers, maybe intake.

Issue: Car sat for years and the fuel system was destroyed. I've replaced the entire fuel system or cleaned what could be saved. The stock injectors are leaking at 40psi and need replaced.

Option 1: Replace stock injectors with Standard Motor Products injectors from RockAuto. Cost $616 + tax.
    Q's:
    1. Will I need to cleanup the stock tune if I used the stock replacement injectors from RockAuto?
    2. Are these injectors any good?

Option 2: OEM injectors from a different car. GTP injectors seem to be popular. Buy HPTuners SW/HW, or find someone close to update the injector tables for me.
    Q's:
    1. Not sure what the part number is for these injectors, help?
    2. Is there a better option for my car after modifications, mechanical plug and play without adapters?
    3. After the injector tables are updated, will the tune need to be cleaned up?

Thank you for the help, my goal at the moment is to get the car up and running so I can daily drive it. Rebuild suspension, brakes, fluids, etc.

Senior Tuner
    I would not pay over $600 for stock injectors. Look at Fuel Injector Connection for some options. Whatever you get make sure there is good data. Be aware there is a lot of knock off junk out there.

Potential Tuner
    I'm not wanting to pay $600 for stock replacement aftermarket either.