Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Tuners Now Supports the 2013+ 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins

Banned
    The user defined parameters restrictions and format is abhorrent and is having issues with my user defined parameters file even though my user defined parameters file is just fine.

Banned
    I?m actually disgusted on how much of the calibration is blocked off by the address restrictions. I?ll just stick with the real deal, EFILive.

That sucks to hear Jim. Do you think HP Tuners restricted on purpose?
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Banned
    I don?t know their purpose of address restrictions, I just know I hate it and think it?s absolutely ridiculous to restrict addresses. I prefer to have access to the full calibration. There is stuff I edit for fueling and torque that is outside of the range they allow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dleger89 View Post
    Got this figured out completely fault and DTC free

As in you were able to apply your custom fueling/torque calibrations outside the limits of User Defined Parameters?
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Banned
    I got parameters I adjust in my tuning that falls outside the range of the boundaries of the user defined parameters restrictions which I don?t like. Some of the fueling adjustments and a table I adjust in my tuning are already mapped out but others are not and fall outside of where the user defined parameters ranges are set to. Everything I do torque limit, rpm limit and other is either mapped out already or there is access to within the user defined parameters boundaries.

2019+ user defined parameters Boundaries is a hot mess and can?t fully be worked with.

Banned
    Honestly HP Tuners should get rid of the address restrictions with user defined parameters. A person using it does so at their own risk anyways and if a person doesn?t know what they are doing with user defined parameters then they just shouldn?t be playing with it, simple.

That?s where EFILive shines above and beyond, you can upgrade and downgrade the OS with EFILive, no restrictions to anything, a person could add in code with EFILive if they wanted to.

Potential Tuner
    someone might have answered this already but im new to this,i tried reading my 2013 Dodge Ram 2500hd 6.7 cummins but it just says detect protocal or something like that,is there something im missing?
    You can drive a fast car but can you drive a car fast?

Trying my hand with hp tuners. So far I?ve had a lot of trouble. I have a 2018 ram 3500 6.7cummins with the aisin transmission 4x4. Bought the mpvi2. Purchased the smart access cable. Can?t get any further and I?m waiting for assistance from support. My first question is. Does the smart access plug in behind the radio? If so I?ve got it right. When I try and connect to truck it says not authorized when reading. I have 6 credits. What?s my next step? Do I have to purchase an unlocked ecm? Or will hp use my six credits to send me an unlocked one?

Banned
    I dunno about behind the radio or on a 2018 or with HP Tuners bypass cable or whatever you are using but my GDP gateway bypass, on a 2019 I?ve just plugged it into the gateway module under the dash, right above the ebrake pedal up against the sidewall.

Potential Tuner
    Jim P would like to talk to you

Banned
    Made some room in my inbox so you can message me

Banned
    Is there a list of actual supported cm2350 and cm2450 operating systems, seems pretty lacklustre on what is actually supported.

Banned
    Better yet, if someone?s calibration revision isn?t currently supported or anything, the software should give a person a generated supported revision of the calibration.

Is there any chance to turn off Ad Blue in the calibration of cm2450B ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Is there any chance to turn off Ad Blue in the calibration of cm2450B ?
    I know it?s difficult to actually read through threads and posts? but?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ummins-deletes!

Thanks Jim

Any hopes for a 22-23 Cummins PCM unlock?
    I tune Cummins for living. Tune my mustang for fun.

Banned
    Unlikely due to the boot loader. Only option right now is swapping in a 2019-2021 ecm