Thread: getting rid of unwanted lap times and counters

Potential Tuner

getting rid of unwanted lap times and counters

i do circle track racing and often will have yellow flag laps in my videos that i don't want the lap times displayed and also would prefer they don't populate my lap counter. is there a way to ignore certain laps? for example, a twenty lap race has four yellow flag laps so now my lap counter for the race is 24 laps.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not aware of a way to mark laps as invalid within RaceRender, but it would be possible to create a new lap timer that doesn't display the time for a lap known to take longer than a certain amount of time. This wouldn't impact things like the track map still displaying your location though.

The easy method would just display something like "YELLOW" instead of a lap time longer than say...2 minutes (when an expected lap time should be closer to 1). It could be updated to keep track of how many laps have been completed that weren't yellow and use that instead of the actual lap number if you don't want to display anything for yellow flag laps in the timer history.

Would something like that work for you?

Potential Tuner
    yes, that would work great! is that possible?

Advanced Tuner
    Give this one a shot: Lap List - Yellow Flags.rro

In the Script Editor's Background Script, there are two variables that you can use to fine tune how it works: MaximumLapTime and MaxText. MaximumLapTime is the number of seconds after which a Lap would be considered a Yellow Flag lap and simply not displayed or tracked in the history. It's currently set to 120 for 2 minutes. MaxText is the text that gets displayed instead of the current time if the current lap is a Yellow Flag lap (as defined by being longer than the MaximumLapTime). It's currently set to YELLOW, but it could easily be changed to --- or whatever you'd like.

This should work on anything with 60 laps or fewer due to checks that need to occur in the Foreground Script. It currently displays up to 6 laps, but you can expand the SizeY in the Script Editor to display up to 10 laps (which may require adjusting where the label for Laps is).

Potential Tuner
    That was exacty what I needed! Thank you so much!!!