Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving tune file

Tuner in Training

Saving tune file

So I Have not used my MPVI to tune a vehicle in quite some time however I seem to remember that you did not need to buy credits unless you are writing a tune to the vehicle. My question is do you now need to buy credits to save a modified tune file even if you currently not going to write to the vehicle? Also if so I again will assume that you don't need to purchase another 2 credits when writing. Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI1 requires a license in order to modify a tune file.

MPVI2 only require a license on flash, you can modify the files without a license
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Does this mean I will need to buy another license when flashing said file to the vehicle?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin22 View Post
    Does this mean I will need to buy another license when flashing said file to the vehicle?
    Not necessarily.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Thanks for being so vague! So in What cases will I need to buy another? If I change the stock tune to my liking, use the two credits to save it, can I then write it back to the same vehicle without having to use more credits? Maybe if you answer that you'll finally be answering the question I originally asked. I wouldn't even be asking this question however it seems things have changed between now and the last time I used the tuner. Thanks.

You only have to license a file once. So if you pull the file off the car, make changes and license it, you will never be asked to license that file again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    as stated you should only need to license the file from your vehicle once.

Tuner in Training
    Ok sounds good. Since the long answer from you is "should", I will spend the credits and if for some reason I have "Should" have to spend more I am going to be extremely aggravated. I purchased the MPVI for a decent amount of money and I cant even get a strait answer from a guy that has 27k+ posts, just short answers with no explanation of if/when I will have to pay more credits, just a "should not have to". Again thank you for your extremely short answer to my question.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You only have to license a file once. So if you pull the file off the car, make changes and license it, you will never be asked to license that file again.
    Thank you very much! That is the strait forward answer I have been seeking. Apparently the guy with 27k+ posts is not the best at answering peoples questions to their entirety.

Tuner in Training
    Well just as I originally suspected I used 2 credits to save my modified stock file and now I have to pay another 2 credits to write it to the truck!!! I assure you I will never use anything from you guys again after this truck. Terrible customer service and worse credit system. I now have to pay double what i have had to pay with any of the other vehicles I have tuned with in the past. Once this vehicle is gone your MPVI will be going strait in the trash! Way to help your customers out. Used to love you guys but that has definitely not the case anymore.

It's likely not anything that is HP Tuners fault.

One of the tunes must not have been yours or was licensed with a different MPVI if you had to use 4 credits.

If you went out to your truck, read that file, save it and licensed it. That file would only cost two credits to license and write back to the truck.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

One of the tunes must not have been yours or was licensed with a different MPVI if you had to use 4 credits.

If you went out to your truck, read that file, save it and licensed it. That file would only cost two credits to license and write back to the truck.
    That is exactly what I did. Went out read the file change the parameters in fact I tried just saving it as the stock tune file with a different name changing zero parameters and it's still wanted me to pay 2 credits so I did. Then I changed the tune file and tried to flash it and it wanted two more credits so I bought 2 more.

Tuner in Training

In any case I am mostly just angry about the fact that someone from HPtuners is so short with customers. it would be one thing if it was just a random person replying with short answers but is not. It is not that big of a deal that it cost me $200, It is just becoming of someone who represents a company to be so vague with their customers. Either way the damage is done now.

Senior Tuner
    Bitch, bitch, bitch and in all of this not one mention of the year, make and model of the vehicle. Not clear at all about what you are trying to do. It's not like every vehicle is licensed the same yet you want specific answers while you give no details. You talk about HP Tuners being vague. Read through all your posts and see who else is being vague. If you had to license a vehicle twice then I would bet the error is on your end somehow. Before you used two more credits did you contact their official support? Their official support is not this forum.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Bitch, bitch, bitch and in all of this not one mention of the year, make and model of the vehicle. Not clear at all about what you are trying to do. It's not like every vehicle is licensed the same yet you want specific answers while you give no details. You talk about HP Tuners being vague. Read through all your posts and see who else is being vague. If you had to license a vehicle twice then I would bet the error is on your end somehow. Before you used two more credits did you contact their official support? Their official support is not this forum.
    If I wanted to wait days I would contact support. Only company that has no phone support either. If it mattered what I was tuning why didn't anyone ask that or tell me to be more specific? Truck is tuned now so doesn't really matter. Also I understand this isn't support but one would think that if the answer to my question was unknown someone would have told me to contact "Official support". Anyway my bitching is done now so rest easy. Thanks for your concern.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats why I said not necessarily, there are alot of reasons why you might need additional credits, your question was too broad to answer in just a few lines. I recommend you open a support ticket and provide me with the ticket here and I'll be happy to take your ticket so you aren't waiting for days.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin22 View Post
    In any case I am mostly just angry about the fact that someone from HPtuners is so short with customers. it would be one thing if it was just a random person replying with short answers but is not. It is not that big of a deal that it cost me $200, It is just becoming of someone who represents a company to be so vague with their customers. Either way the damage is done now.
    We cannot be very specific on the forum because we don't want you necessarily being super specific, for instance we aren't going to ask you for an infolog on our forum because it gives away your details as a customer to everyone else on the forum. If you have specific questions, particularly about licensing, that arent already covered in our help files www.hptuners.com/help your best bet is to contact support with all of your details. For instance if you are trying to flash a file from the repository into your 2005 Corvette that is an instance where you would need additional credits but its also a scenerio that we would NOT recommend doing. You had listed no specific details about what you are trying to do so I gave the most general answer possible without getting overly technical as I do also answer tickets so that customers don't need to wait for days for responses in addition to monitoring the forum to the best of my ability.

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same issue. I have the MPVI and it used to only charge me credits the first time I saved a file that had been changed - and that was it. It would not charge any more credits to re-flash it back to the same vehicle.

But ever since I 'upgraded' the software, because it prompted me to, it now charges me to save the changed file and charges me again to write it back to the vehicle.

So now I have to purchase TWICE the amount of credits for EVERY vehicle than I should have to.

Because this only happened after the 'upgrade', it very much seems as if it is a software issue.

This has happened on a 2000 Silverado, 2000 Sierra, 2011 Caprice PPV - these are the only vehicles I have tuned since the software update.

Very frustrating - this doubled the cost for me to tune my own vehicles. I don't run a business or tune for anyone else - I only use this for my personal vehicles.

It would be nice to get some clarification on this.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie1979 View Post
    I am having the same issue. I have the MPVI and it used to only charge me credits the first time I saved a file that had been changed - and that was it. It would not charge any more credits to re-flash it back to the same vehicle.

But ever since I 'upgraded' the software, because it prompted me to, it now charges me to save the changed file and charges me again to write it back to the vehicle.

So now I have to purchase TWICE the amount of credits for EVERY vehicle than I should have to.

Because this only happened after the 'upgrade', it very much seems as if it is a software issue.

This has happened on a 2000 Silverado, 2000 Sierra, 2011 Caprice PPV - these are the only vehicles I have tuned since the software update.

Very frustrating - this doubled the cost for me to tune my own vehicles. I don't run a business or tune for anyone else - I only use this for my personal vehicles.

It would be nice to get some clarification on this.
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com

Potential Tuner
    Bill@HPTuners
    Greetings, I have problems with my mpvi2 interface, it was updated and it no longer recognizes any vehicle that has a solution. and the tikec do not open