Thread: 14 tundra with magnuson

Potential Tuner

14 tundra with magnuson

First time so see how it goes. Installed magnuson s/c kit on stock tundra. Installed hp tuners rtd from magnuson. now customer bought unichip. need to return rtd tune to stock trd which it was not. so I can run unichip. I think I need a stock TRD with s/c tune then run unichip. no real toyo tuners here. Am Pretty sure that is what i need (newbie)

If you are actually tuning with Unichip you dont need to flash back to stock

Potential Tuner
    Thought that might be possible but truck says otherwise. flat falls on face when trying to accel. with unichip installed on top of hp tune I assume the reason for it.

Youd need to rewrite the maps on the Unichip

Potential Tuner
    started support ticket with unichip, see where this goes. I will post the process as I have more info. P.S. it ran fine on the HP tune, customer has a buddy that bragged about his unichip so here we go!

Why Unichip?

The only time I would consider unichip is on the old 1FZFE that use K-line and no tuning solutions and customers don't want to invest into a Haltech or Motec.

Stick to the back end flash.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    So sent unichip back they said they reflashed to work with HP rtd. Pretty sure they set it to stock tune. What I really need is a Shop to do dyno pul and tune in Jacksonville FL area, can't seem to find one. disconnecting the unichip going back to HP safe setup. The fuel trims are horrible otherwise.

Potential Tuner
    Running very lean Long term fuel trims 20 to 35%. Going to check my fuel pressures first ' gotta believe this is a hard part problem!