Thread: 79 series tune file

Potential Tuner

79 series tune file

Hi everyone,

Quick one, I have 2x 79 series land cruisers (v8 turbo diesel) both at work, both have been tuned by separate people.

Question is, can I download the tune files from each to compare without erasing tune file from the vehicle?

Reason for this is 1 of the cruisers has a flat spot at about 3000rpm where as the other does not. Both same year cruisers.

Any comments would be appreciated

Potential Tuner
    unfortunately cant pull tuned file without using ktag you will only get a VR when you read via OBD2

try using the datalogger to figure out how its tuned and recreate it

Potential Tuner
    Howd ya go with this mate? I googled this as I couldn't pull the file from my ute and now I see why. Could you get a stock file and write over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brodz593 View Post
    Howd ya go with this mate? I googled this as I couldn't pull the file from my ute and now I see why. Could you get a stock file and write over it?
    The only way to pull the files is with a licensed KTAG (no longer supported) or the new KESS3 the ecu has to be opened and the read done straight from the board.
    You can connect with either soldered connection or use a BDM frame which is safer. like this..

Using the obd port you can use KESS tools or HPTUNERS and read the vehcile ID which will download a virtual read file.. that can be modified and uploaded back to the ecu.

20220528_152404_resized.jpg

Tuner in Training
    You can read the files and save them as and then use the compare tool in hp tuners editor.

Please check this YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTaULwmzOfA