Thread: gen 3 5.3 and 4l80e tuning help

gen 3 5.3 and 4l80e tuning help

hi all new to the tuning world previously used black bear via email and still having issues and no idea where to go. so ive used youtube and the forums to help and have gotten a little closer but dont know what else to look at. so my problem is idle when coming to a stop and sluggish until higher rpm. the idle problem is when coming to a stop from low speeds it will try to stall and occasionally it willl but it mostly just surges for a while till it smooths out. as far as the sluggish until around 2800-3000 rpm I don't even know where to start looking. ive included 2 logs and current tune for people to look at any advice is greatly appreciated

stage 3 btr truck cam v1
    ported 706 heads
    cai
    long tube headers
    3200 stall circle d converter
    no cats or downstream o2 sensors
    marine 8.1l injectors
    ep381 fuel pump

have not had a chance to install wide band yet
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't think your injector data is correct. Marine 8.1 injectors flow more than 31lb/hr.

Try this thread for the data.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rine-injectors

The MAF and VE table for fueling will need more work. Per the oxygen sensor it's going lean up top because the voltage is falling off. You need a wideband as soon as possible. Also make sure that fuel pressue is staying constant and not dropping.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't think your injector data is correct. Marine 8.1 injectors flow more than 31lb/hr.

Try this thread for the data.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rine-injectors

The MAF and VE table for fueling will need more work. Per the oxygen sensor it's going lean up top because the voltage is falling off. You need a wideband as soon as possible. Also make sure that fuel pressue is staying constant and not dropping.
    i didnt catch your right its like 42 or 44lb i thought bbp had it tuned for them im putting in the wideband this weekend once thats in ill start making some changes

Senior Tuner
    There are 8.1 and 8.1 marine injectors. Two different injectors.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hi all new to the tuning world previously used black bear via email and still having issues and no idea where to go. so ive used youtube and the forums to help and have gotten a little closer but dont know what else to look at. so my problem is idle when coming to a stop and sluggish until higher rpm. the idle problem is when coming to a stop from low speeds it will try to stall and occasionally it willl but it mostly just surges for a while till it smooths out. as far as the sluggish until around 2800-3000 rpm I don't even know where to start looking. ive included 2 logs and current tune for people to look at any advice is greatly appreciated

stage 3 btr truck cam v1
    ported 706 heads
    cai
    long tube headers
    3200 stall circle d converter
    no cats or downstream o2 sensors
    marine 8.1l injectors
    ep381 fuel pump

have not had a chance to install wide band yet
    turn off brake tq managment under system and system options it will say 1 turn to 0 give that a try, worked for my setup

so i tried to change some of my injector data to whats in that thread and it wouldnt let me make certain changes am i doing something wrong