Thread: HP Tuners information

Potential Tuner

HP Tuners information

Does anyone know how accurate the HP VCM Scanner is? I've installed a Mishimoto Catted Downpipe, ZZP large throttle body intake, Injen CAI, XLR Racechip Throttle Controller, 1 set colder on sparkplugs, Installed Flex Fuel, getting about 72% alcohol/Ethanol readings,I have been tuning the car almost everyday for about two months, I have things dialed in as far as I know, the HP reading on a cool night, about 60 degrees, was breaking into the high 400 HP range ( about 490 ) with no CEL light, How accurate would you say those readings would be? Doesn't say from engine or RW, But I do have the predicted torque and actual torque settings max to 550, so as not to limit my WOT, i've put hours into just making the torque and spark tables drivable, the dynamic airflow and volume efficiency are almost identical when I do a pull, but have it running smooth at low rpm also, with a killer burble... it actually throws you back in the seat when you're on Wot past 3500, and it pulls like a mother, Now I think it's time to upgrade the internals, and brakes..

2017 Camaro 2.0l turbo rs
    Ltg Motor with stock internals

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone know how accurate the HP VCM Scanner is?
    The question you mean to ask is, "Does anyone know how accurate the information coming out of the ECU is?"

The ECM calculates an estimated engine torque output (at the flywheel) based on a torque model and other operational parameters such as airflow, timing advance, cam positions, etc. The accuracy of the torque model, and other engine sensors will dictate how accurate the estimated engine torque output is.

I can tell you you're almost certainly making nowhere near 490HP at the flywheel. Based on your mods, I would estimate you're probably around 320-340 at the wheels, maybe high 300s at the flywheel.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    The question you mean to ask is, "Does anyone know how accurate the information coming out of the ECU is?"

The ECM calculates an estimated engine torque output (at the flywheel) based on a torque model and other operational parameters such as airflow, timing advance, cam positions, etc. The accuracy of the torque model, and other engine sensors will dictate how accurate the estimated engine torque output is.

I can tell you you're almost certainly making nowhere near 490HP at the flywheel. Based on your mods, I would estimate you're probably around 320-340 at the wheels, maybe high 300s at the flywheel.
    This is what the scanner is reading:Screenshot (133).png
    Last edited by Sleeper_rs; 09-28-2021 at 06:43 AM.