Thread: 2010 Xterra - Which Hardware to pick for reading?

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 2010 Xterra - Which Hardware to pick for reading?

So I just picked HPtuners and when I read the OE computer its asking me to pick the hardware.

I read the stickies for nissan and im not seeing anything about to know which one to choose.

I tried one that started with MED and it failed.

I tried another one and it worked but I did not have any Engine Diagnostics available

I tried SH_7058 and it added the Engine Diagnostics this time.

Are you supposed to just keep downloading them till you find the one that has all the support? Its not the end of the world but its taking 5 min per read and I just ran out of time to mess with it. I was not sure if there was a way to know the correct hardware for my ECU.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatti View Post
    So I just picked HPtuners and when I read the OE computer its asking me to pick the hardware.

I read the stickies for nissan and im not seeing anything about to know which one to choose.

I tried one that started with MED and it failed.

I tried another one and it worked but I did not have any Engine Diagnostics available

I tried SH_7058 and it added the Engine Diagnostics this time.

Are you supposed to just keep downloading them till you find the one that has all the support? Its not the end of the world but its taking 5 min per read and I just ran out of time to mess with it. I was not sure if there was a way to know the correct hardware for my ECU.

Thanks
    What's your OS ID?

Depending on ID, it's either 7058 or 7059. I can add your OS into our database so it auto-identifies once you let me know

Tuner in Training
    I used 7058, hopefully that was correct

OS - 1ZZ70B

Tuner in Training
    Was that the correct one to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatti View Post
    Was that the correct one to use?
    Yes it was. I added your ID into our database, on the latest beta it should auto-identify now.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you