Thread: ATS 2013 - 2015 2.5L LVC Engine

Potential Tuner

ATS 2013 - 2015 2.5L LVC Engine

I want to install an Ecotec LCV engine with a 6L50 transmission into a "Rock Crawler" type vehicle.

Is the 2013 - 2015 ATS the only vehicle that HP Tuners supports with this LCV 2.5L engine?

These vehicles came with a 6L45 transmission. Later GM vehicle's, with the LCV engine, came with the 6L50 trans. Does anyone know if using the 6L50 instead of the 6L45 will be a problem?

It is my understanding that GM has built many RWD vehicles that use this LCV Ecotec engine. I have been told that the transmission out of an Pontiac Solstice is the only transmission that will bolt up to other versions of the Ecotec engine.

Seems like the LCV/LTG Ecotec would be a popular engine engine for HP Tuners to support.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2018 Colorado with a 2.5L LCV and I was able to read and write a tune to it.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks "gallonoffuel" for your reply I haven't checked this website for a few weeks. I bought a 4wd 6L50 out of a 2020/2021 Colorado. I am now looking for a LCV engine to mate to it. I am not sure if I have a 2020 or 2021 Colorado transmission the tailshaft housing seems to be longer than previous years. Information on the web seems to be conflicting. I need the trans to be as short as possible so I have ordered the awd trans output shaft from a V6 - 6L50 AWD Cadillac. If I had to do again I think I could have purchased a "V6" awd 6L50 and installed a Colorado 6L50 / LCV Bellhousing. I am pretty sure that would work and been less expensive. It is still a few months away before I get this combination working but am told that the TCM from the 6L45, 6L50, 6L80 & 6L90 are the same. There may be issues that I may have to have the TCM programed to a 6L45 configuration and modify tune with HP Tuners. I plan on using 2013 - 2015 ATS PCM, E39A, and have been told by some that the TCM and PCM are paired together and must think they share the same VIN number. Don't know if that is true. If anyone knows, that I am wrong or right, please comment. Thanks