Thread: Help!

Potential Tuner

Help!

I have an MPVI 2 that I purchased to get the L83 in my 63 Pontiac tuned remotely. Apparently this thing can be used as a scan tool on my 03 GMC but I can not find any basic information on how to use it. I have done google searches checked the forum and nothing that I understand. Problem is that I got out of the trade in the 90's and I am a computer dinosaur. I have a rudimentary understanding of everything that is happening but need some way to turn things on and off to see if they are really happening as they should. If this is possible with the HP and there is some where I can find out how please tell me.

Thanks, Dwight

There are certain things you can do with the VCM scanner when you are connected to the vehicle and running a scan. There is a special function icon that lets you do some things but not a ton.

When I use it as a scan tool I do it for checking engine diagnostic codes and watching various sensors that I have chosen to read in the main channels list on the left.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can check out our scanner help file here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-sca...hitecture.html

You can find our main help file at www.hptuners.com/help
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"