Thread: bricked pcm?

Tuner in Training

bricked pcm?

lq4 stock everything, in OL mode, no vac leaks, fuel pressure at 56, tps voltage at .5 at closed 4.5 at wot, engine revs to the 2000 at idle. IAC counts to zero need help

is my ecu bricked 4l80e open loop VE.hptwerid idle lq4.hpl

If it was bricked, it would be a door stop. It's not the PCM here.

If the idle just magically comes up on it's own that is usually the signs of a vacuum leak. If you can hold the throttle closed with your hand but the idle is still way high, then it has to be getting more air from somewhere. Can try unplugging the IAC too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i unplugged the iac at 250 counts and holds idle at 950. whats the reasoning on why my timing get so low if you looked at my recording

It uses BOTH air and spark to try to hold a steady idle. If it has too much air it pulls timing. If it has too much timing it will pull airflow, if it can. If you have a mechanical issue or a jacked up IAC valve, and the idle speed is too high, of course it will pull the timing down low because that's the only tool it has left that still works.

have you tried to command idle speeds with the scanner to see if it has the ability to adjust within a high and low limit range?