Thread: Ecotec 2.5 lcv

Potential Tuner

Ecotec 2.5 lcv

It appears that HP Tuners only supports the 2013 to 2015 version of this engine that is in the ATS Cadillac. This LCV engine is used in many different vehicles that have different PCM and Transmissions etc. Because this engine is used in so many different vehicles I see many other than 13 - 15 ATS engines for sale with low mileage and low price.

My question is: If I get a 2013 - 2015 ATS wiring harness and PCM will the connectors plug into other "versions" of this LCV engine? That is, is the long block, with sensors, the same on a Malibu, as the ATS.

Tuner in Training
    YesThis will work on later engines with a couple of changes. You can also run the lkw on this same system. Give me a call 909 910 3867 Steve
    Last edited by EFIHARNESS; 09-30-2021 at 10:56 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EFIHARNESS View Post
    YesThis will work on later engines with a couple of changes. You can also run the lkw on this same system. Give me a call 909 910 3867 Steve
    "Thanks for your reply I will call to discuss"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkel View Post
    It appears that HP Tuners only supports the 2013 to 2015 version of this engine that is in the ATS Cadillac. This LCV engine is used in many different vehicles that have different PCM and Transmissions etc. Because this engine is used in so many different vehicles I see many other than 13 - 15 ATS engines for sale with low mileage and low price.

My question is: If I get a 2013 - 2015 ATS wiring harness and PCM will the connectors plug into other "versions" of this LCV engine? That is, is the long block, with sensors, the same on a Malibu, as the ATS.
    For what it's worth, I was able to read, edit, and write my 2018 Colorado LCV PCM.