Thread: 2019 Mustang GT ESS Centrifugal Supercharger Code Issues

Potential Tuner

2019 Mustang GT ESS Centrifugal Supercharger Code Issues

Hello Everyone,

I'm running into a code issue with my 2019 Mustang GT equipped with an ESS Centrifugal SC Eric@HPTuners

I recently installed and had a 3rd party company provide the base map and final tuning on my car.

Just for reference; I'm running Lu47 injectors, VMP BAP and NGK 6510 plugs at .025 gap.

I keep getting DTC's for P2BEC and P2BEE which is "Fuel System A Too Lean" (Bank 1 and Bank 2) and based on my research I've narrowed this down to the High Pressure (DI) side.

I am experiencing Lift Pump Pressure drop issues at WOT as the revs climb, however my STFT's and AFR's during these events are on point.

I'm not sure if the lift pump pressure drop and the codes are related because the codes get generated at low load and low throttle and the HPFP pressure seems to be stable at WOT and fueling seems to be good despite the lift pump pressure drop.

I'm hoping that someone can provide me with some insight as to where to start troubleshooting because I'm beating my head against the wall.

4th Gear WOT log attached.

Any help or direction is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Texas Heat; 10-11-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Since its .csv log we can't help you, ask your tuner pbd or lund or whoever tunes this...

ESS you want to stay away from that sketchy workshop, nothing but trouble...

what are fuel system modifications
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Since its .csv log we can't help you, ask your tuner pbd or lund or whoever tunes this...

ESS you want to stay away from that sketchy workshop, nothing but trouble...
    I was hoping that someone here had some knowledge or experience with the codes that I'm getting. I have spoken with my tuner and he is not certain what is generating the codes either because everything appears to be on point.

Is there a way that I can convert the files into .hpt?

Honestly, the kit is doing what it is intended to do and I haven't had any problems from a hardware standpoint.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    what are fuel system modifications
    Lu47 injectors and a VMP BAP constant 18v

For reference, the codes get generated with the BAP plugged in and with it unplugged.

data log show FP at some area with zero value and afr measured go lean at the same time (lift pressure pump and rail pressure ). may be there is electrical issue
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    data log show FP at some area with zero value and afr measured go lean at the same time (lift pressure pump and rail pressure ). may be there is electrical issue
    I see some areas in the data log that doesn't have all of the PID's for that particular sample which I think shows a 0 value, and frp_psi PID is always zero for some reason.

Here's a multiple gear WOT log if you're inclined to have a look. The fuel is 93 e10 btw.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your problems comes from BAP - not sure why you would ever need a BAP in 3gen...

Advanced Tuner
    I?m running a boost a pump on a gen3 (with no issue) because the lift pressure was falling off at high load and speed. The only challenge was adjusting the fuel pump control parameters in the tune to get the pid loop back in control of the pressure.

Potential Tuner
    I honestly have tested the BAP by disconnecting it and the codes will still generate. The BAP was recommended to combat lift pump pressure drop at higher rpm's, which it hasn't successfully done as of yet. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I?m running a boost a pump on a gen3 (with no issue) because the lift pressure was falling off at high load and speed. The only challenge was adjusting the fuel pump control parameters in the tune to get the pid loop back in control of the pressure.
    If you are runnig on corn - sure. Not needed on pump gas as stock 3 gen pump flows quite god enough.

That is the correct way to do that - you have a rail pressure sensor and tables to look at, BAP will change FRP so you need few adjustments otherwise it can be unstable with trims.