Thread: Magnuson tune for 6.1 charger

Tuner in Training

Question Magnuson tune for 6.1 charger

I installed a magnuson supercharger last Friday and magnuson included a rtd (hp tuner) in with the kit. I go to put tune on car find out I have to email them my tune first and I will get it get back next day (Monday) go to tune car again and now it says i need a license. I did verify magnuson put two credits on my rtd but they are not showing up under license.I did sync the rtd unit several times. I asked magnuson what Is going on this was 2 days ago they have not responded to any of my emails. The shop where my car was done at needs my car out of there so I am hoping someone might know a way to resolve this? I have a mpvi2 with credits for the vehicle if anyone happens to have this tune? I tried to load the tune file from magnuson in the vcm editor and it does not show when trying to look for the file so my guess I would need a edited version to be able to use?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-30-2021 at 08:08 PM.

HP Tuners support should be able to help you with this one. Seems like an issues with associating the license with your account.

I get the frustration but I would just buy the credits, get the car out of the shop, and deal with HP. Maybe (I don't know for sure) they can credit your account or refund the money. $100 shouldn't be something to wreck your relationship with the shop. You may still need them at some point and you don't want them to tell you to pound sand.