Thread: question about DTC reporting

Potential Tuner

question about DTC reporting

My pops had a CEL come up on his Impala. Nothing major as its a p0411 setting for secondary air injection. went throught circuits with test light and TECH2 and all is good. parts need replaced. parts are $400. so my question is when i go the the diagnostics on VCI editor and chose the DTC P0411 it claims its a "no error reported" under the error mode. but it does actually set and CEL. if i spend the $100 to check the box on write the ECM will it eliminate the light? im super confused. is it an emissons thing? dont want to spend $100 for no reason.

I'm sure you know what year 'his Impala' is, but no one else does. It helps to say exactly what you are working on and post the file.

There is a lot of weirdness in this stuff that most people never run into. Example: 1998 Park Avenue. A/C relay was missing and had P1641 current with the MIL on. Tech2 and the service manual say P1641 is A/C relay ckt. The tune file says P1641 is MIL control ckt. Installing a new A/C relay made the code go away. I think this means GM has it right and HPT is wrong.

screenshot.23-09-2021 19.42.35.png

screenshot.30-09-2021 22.40.52.png