Thread: 2011 Expedition shift scheduling

Potential Tuner

2011 Expedition shift scheduling

I'm trying to make some changes to the shift scheduling on my 2011 Expedition, but there are more than 40 tables. Does anyone know why there are so many tables, and what each one is for? See attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    It’s a 6R80 transmission. I forgot to mention that.

Advanced Tuner
    I think you might need to open a ticket with HPT support. It doesn't look like programming was complete.. I've never seen a 6r80 with tables like that, I've also never seen an expedition file..

What do the tables look like when you open them?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Thatwhite5.0. Sorry about the late reply, I was out of town. I'll open a ticket tonight.

There are 48 tables altogether, but about 1/3 of them are all zeros. So about 30 tables with data in them. They all have accellerator pedal position on the Y-axis, and columns for each upshift and downshift. The values in the table are transmission output shaft speeds. I was actually expecting 2 tables (regular and tow-haul), not 48 lol. It shifts into 6th gear too early (when towing), so that's what I wanted to change. I made it workable by changing the 5-6 shift in all of the tables, but would sure like to know which ones are for tow-haul.

Thanks for all the help. I'll add the screen shots in the next post.

Tuner in Training
    Any luck figuring this out? My 2010 Explorer is very similar with 30+ tables. My educated guess is that there's a table for every drive configuration. 2wd, 4hi, 4lo, o/d button, WOT, gear selector position, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim9172 View Post
    Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks!
    attached is a 6r trans tool,, it was provided to me by MT from SCT. The spreadsheet is setup for SCT Advantage but you should be able to use it with HP software.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    That spreadsheet absolutely works, but if you apply your values to every table you'll have problems with things like cruise control. This is why we need to know which table is used under which circumstances. I'll be doing trial and error to figure that out, but my God it's going to take a long time. My plan is set a bizarre and recognizable shift point in only one table at a time until I encounter it.

Potential Tuner
    That sounds like a great plan. I’d love to hear what you found out. I never did figure out mine, I just changed all of the tables to have the same speed for the 5-6 shift.

Tuner in Training
    I found out on my 2010 Sport Trac only tables 5 and 10 need to be changed. I started with only 5, but it would sometimes do weird things. Changing 10 fixed that.

Advanced Tuner
    You can make an excel calculator for these newer transmissions that use Output Shaft Speed instead of Vehicle MPH RPM x Gear Ratio X Final Drive Ratio x Tire Diameter, etc. Makes tuning these a lot easier when you can type in the RPM or MPH you want to shift at and have the Excel calculator spit out the OSS for you to use.