Thread: Been a while - help with external camera

Potential Tuner

Been a while - help with external camera

Running Track Addict on Android with a GoPro Hero 5 Black as an external camera. I haven't tried to build a video in a long time. How do I make sure my GoPro vide is the right one to use with the video from my phone? It looks like the GoPro time must have been set wrong so just looking at the file dates on the computer don't match up to when I was on track. Does Track Addict have some data in the CSV file that I can look at that references the external camera file? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
    Running Track Addict on Android with a GoPro Hero 5 Black as an external camera. I haven't tried to build a video in a long time. How do I make sure my GoPro vide is the right one to use with the video from my phone? It looks like the GoPro time must have been set wrong so just looking at the file dates on the computer don't match up to when I was on track. Does Track Addict have some data in the CSV file that I can look at that references the external camera file? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    If you're asking specifically about Track Addict, you might have better luck in the Track Addict Forum. I assume it can import a video and then overlay data along with some way to synchronize (or bump the video back and forth), but that probably needs to be done manually by finding something that occurs in both the video and the data (e.g. the first time the car starts moving out of the paddock).

In RaceRender, you would just choose the video as an input file, and then you can export a CSV from Track Addict to import as a data file into RaceRender.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    If you're asking specifically about Track Addict, you might have better luck in the Track Addict Forum. I assume it can import a video and then overlay data along with some way to synchronize (or bump the video back and forth), but that probably needs to be done manually by finding something that occurs in both the video and the data (e.g. the first time the car starts moving out of the paddock).

In RaceRender, you would just choose the video as an input file, and then you can export a CSV from Track Addict to import as a data file into RaceRender.
    Sorry I guess I should have specified. I transferred the video from Track Addict to RaceRender. I was able to choose another video but I was trying to make sure it was the video that was recorded on the GoPro while TrackAddict also recorded. I had done this in the past but the video must have been time stamped the same or something since I can't seem to find anything referencing the GoPro video file by name. I will try in the Track Addict section as well in case there's something on that side I'm missing. I'll also make sure all times are correct before I try this again . Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    You could also check to see if the video is still on the GoPro. That might be a little more involved, but it would make it easier to choose the exact video that you want.