Thread: Grand Cherokee low range speed limiter

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Grand Cherokee low range speed limiter

Thanks for HPTuners for adding the Grand Cherokee 2014 to your list. My 2014 Grand Cherokee 3L Diesel is limited to 40kph in low range. Driving on a flat or up a sand dune in low range once it hits 40kph that it and won't accelerate again until several kph below 40kph.
    I have had my original PCM tuned and at the same time my tuner removed the 4WD Low Range limiter. As soon as I put my second hand PCM back in 4WD low range it's limited to 40kph again. My tuner is reluctant to tell me were in the Tune he changed it and software required and I'm unable to find the Low range limiter with HP Tuners only max speed, If HP Tuners can put this on the next update that would be very much appreciated. I Have recently purchased a New MPVI2.
    I have gone through and i was only able to find max speed limitter not low range speed limiter that other vehicles have on Hptuners editor.

I would like to reduce it back to 40kph/50kph so it is limited.
    Sorry for the KPH I'm live in Aussie. 40kph= 25mph.

Thank you for your time
    Steve

I found a map called "Maximum allowable vehicle speed when 4WD low range vehicle speed limiter logic is enabled" that is set at 39km/h. I also found a switch called "Switch to activate 4WD low range vehicle speed limiter logic" that is turned on.

Can you post you tune? I may be able to help you using the User Defined Parameters.

Potential Tuner
    Did you use HPTuners to find "Maximum allowable vehicle speed when 4WD low range vehicle speed limiter logic is enabled" that is set at 39km/h, as i can't find it under Engine or Tx in either Beta or normal VCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve eco View Post
    Did you use HPTuners to find "Maximum allowable vehicle speed when 4WD low range vehicle speed limiter logic is enabled" that is set at 39km/h, as i can't find it under Engine or Tx in either Beta or normal VCM.
    No, I found it in WinOLS and would have to add the map to HPT so it can be changed.