Thread: 2004 silverado 5.3 fuel trims

Advanced Tuner

2004 silverado 5.3 fuel trims

I have been correcting a tune from a shop on a 2004 silverado 5.3. It has positive fuel trims that will not tune out. I tried setting the maf table and ve table to stock from a file in the repository which set the truck into open loop. Mods are long tube headers with ory and 4.10 gears.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Those trims look normal to me. I'd rather tune with a wideband though and clean up the little bit I need to with fuel trims. Like at full throttle your o2 mv are kinda low, so it may need more fuel there. Probably should add the injector pulse width to the logs too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I added a little to the PE table, the mv are probably still a little low. It is running better than it ever did.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a log from today after the change to the pe table. Hard to get a log in pe mode while it is raining.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remember that the PE table is a set and forget table. The MAF and VE tables are where you add fuel, not the PE table. If it was lean or rich of the commanded AFR, you would add or remove fuel from the MAF and VE table to bring it back to where you need it.

This is where you have to use a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Need tune for a 5.3 after market Whipple super charger

Quote Originally Posted by dlittrrll View Post
    Need tune for a 5.3 after market Whipple super charger
    That's not how this really works...
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne