Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E67 GMPP 480hp LS3 to communicate with T42 auto

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, this is 4L65 or 4L60 without input speed sensor.

I have wired the VSS to TCM as it was in Trailblazer wiring diagram. With GMPP setup it was wired to ECM.

I now have kind of 07 Envoy control here since ECM and TCM are from Envoy. Engine wiring harness is GMPP and the transmission harness I made as it was in trailblazer diagram.

In fact the PRNDL status didnt change either in the log.

Your Speedo page is very different than the stock '07 2WD Trailblazer/Envoy files I have here.

Are both ECM & TCM SPS-programmed with the same VIN? Can't check as the TCM doesn't show a VIN, only the OS IDs.

Advanced Tuner
    No, they are not programmed with same VIN. They are from two different cars. ECM is from 07 Envoy and I was under impression that TCM was from 07 Trailblazer SS. Unfortunately I havent got exact info of the TCM origin.

If I need to get the TCM flashed to some specific model, what VIN would suit in this case?

Same VIN as what's in the ECM would pretty much guarantee the programming in the two are compatible.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you! Just to make sure: Am I on the right track with the VIN I have in the ECM since I dont have the ISS?

E67 + T42 4L60 seems to be quite rare combination.

And do I need to license the TCM after reflash or does the ECM license cover these changes?
    Last edited by Tapi; 10-19-2021 at 02:24 PM.

I believe if it's flashed with SPS you will not have to relicense. The module serial stays the same and the TCM doesn't have the VIN in it. Your TCM CalIDs are correct (for other '07 TB/Envoy files) but with the changes made to now all the CVNs are different, if ID and CVN both match that's the only way to know for sure all parts are the same. There's a lot more in there than you see in the editor.

Every Envoy/Trailblazer/9-7x/H3/Ascender/Rainier/etc. from '07-'09 used E67+T42.

There isn't a factory T42 that ever used the 13-pin 60E, so you aren't going to find one of those. I'm not sure if it's as easy as setting ISS to disabled or if there are other parts of the code involved that aren't editable in the tune file.

Just for S&G have you tried copying all the trans settings, other than ISS stuff, from a stock file? And speedo settings?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I tried with Envoy transmission settings and speedo settings. I disabled ISS sensors on transmission side and changed only final drive ratio in speedo settings. I checked today also that I have 13 pin transmission connection so there wasn't a lucky surprise with newer gearbox

I should have the original TCM from the same Envoy as the ECM by the end of this week. I'm a bit sceptical due to the fact that the tranny doesn't have the ISS and this setup seems to need it badly.

Am I the only one with this combination E67 + T42 without ISS in tranny?

The Envoy would have used a 15-pin trans, with ISS. The 13-pins had gone the way of the Dodo by the time Gen 4 stuff came along.

Advanced Tuner
    I already tuned myself to a mood that this car will have 4L70 transmission to communicate with the E67 and the T42 properly. I put in on side for few weeks and today I drove it to winter storage. To my surprise all gears worked great and even the speed was shown in the log without problems. I didn't drive this on the ground earlier, only on my lift where the speed signal was acting weirdly.

According to the log the TCC slip was the same as the engine rpm so at least there I could see the ISS sensor missing. Other than that it worked flawlessly.

I have second thoughts about the new transmission purchase since if this is what I get with present setup, I do not need the ISS to my tranny...

I was about to attach log here but failed to do that. Perhaps 40 minutes long log file is too much for this forum.