Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to soften shifts

I would just raise the shift time values to around .3000 for full throttle (higher torque/rpm) and to .4000 for part throttle below 200 ft lbs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So I set all my shift speeds back to stock and logged the speeds 1-4th gear (couldn't find a long enough road to test beyond that). So from 1st to 4th my times where .3, .4, .2, .3's. So then I decreased the 2nd gear time and increased the 3rd. I didn't know about the part throttle times so now I do and can adjust accordingly. So then I set my wot mph back to stock and to no surprise it shifted way early like 1st to 2nd at like 4700 rpm and then revved out to 5900 rpm. So I raised the mph like 3-6 mph on each gear depending on where it shifted at. Is the rpm supposed to shoot up like that after the shift? And after I get all this sorted I will turn TR back on and see how it goes.

Alright so I set all my shift times back to stock and turned torque reduction back on. This has seemed to have settled the harsh pull of timing down. I also bumped up my oncoming pressure preset adaptive pressures up a little bit and raised my max line pressure and base pressure in sport mode and now it shifts just about perfect. It actually shits faster then it did before with the raised shift times. And one more thing I noticed was my tcc slip was about 50 rpm before and now with the increased pressure it is negative like -25. What's that about?