Thread: VCM scanner version 4.10.5 not stand alone recording with MPVI Pro

Potential Tuner

Question VCM scanner version 4.10.5 not stand alone recording with MPVI Pro

I have been using the older VCM scanner version 2.24.970 for several years on my MPVI Pro to record drag strip runs on my 2007 Corvette. A few months ago I sold that car and bought a newer 2017 Corvette C7 and tried to use that same scanner version. It did an okay job of recording some parameters like rpm, speed, IAT's, timing, etc. but it wouldn't record knock retard using the same channels that were successful recording KR on my C6. So, I downloaded the newest version VCM Scanner Version 4.10.5 and added more channels. It works very well scanning AND recording (including KR) as long as I have my Windows 10 laptop connected to the MPVI and when I hit the record icon on my computer. The problem is that it no longer will record just using the MPVI Pro alone without my laptop connected. The red record light does come on but it's not actually recording and that record light goes out after about 1 minute and 40 seconds or so. I'm heading back to the drag strip tomorrow afternoon and I would really like to just use the MPVI Pro to record my runs all by itself like it used to be able to do. Anyone have any suggestions or advice regarding how I can get it to do that?
    I contacted HPT support and they replied "It may be time to perform the upgrade to the MPVI2+ as we can't fix these only replace them and it sounds like an internal problem." Is this the only solution? My thinking is that the MPVI was working just fine until I upgraded to the new software and I find it hard to believe that caused a hardware failure in the MPVI.
    Last edited by Robbie Racer; 10-05-2021 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Updating with reply back from HPT support