Thread: 1st timer.

Potential Tuner

1st timer.

So I decide to buy a Hp tuner just so i could play with my truck a little. Get a few more hp or more gas mileage. I dont want to mess anything up so i was wondering if i could find like preset setting to put on it so i dont do anything wrong. 2006 f150 5.4 4x4. If anyone could help me please respond or message me. I did read someone's rant about stealing other peoples tunes TBH I thought there would be some presets on the device for each vehicle but maybe there are and i just have not found them yet. Im not looking to sell someone's tune or anything just wanting to play with my personal vehicle safely kinda nervous lol. Im always scared im going mess up my stuff when i doing small repairs or changing the spark plugs lol

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tuner in Training
    Just make sure the first thing you do is READ the stock file. Save it as "2006 f150 5.4 4x4 base file" and then at any time you can WRITE it back to the PCM if things go pear shaped.

Potential Tuner
    hey theres the tuner repository there may be something available on there also make sure you do lots and lots of research before altering any settings in the pcm / tcm and also make sure to back up the standard tune as said above ^^^^^^^^^^
    good luck