Thread: No start, E38 pcm swap

Tuner in Training

No start, E38 pcm swap

I have a 2014 Caprice that I did a 6.2 swap into. The car was a roller and ended up using the PCM from the Escalade the 6.2 came from as the car didn?t have one. As of now, I?m getting a service anti theft message and have a no crank issue. Once I flash the PCM with the correct vin, would that fix the issue or will I have to change something else in the PCM?
    Last edited by spina74; 10-05-2021 at 06:31 PM.

The VIN doesn't really matter for it to start. The VATS and the starter fault have to be disabled with a write entire for those problems to go away.

If you want the engine and transmission to jive together though, you will need the PCM and TCM flashed together with a VIN/OS that match if you are using an automatic transmission.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I can flash them myself in the OS tab right?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The VIN doesn't really matter for it to start. The VATS and the starter fault have to be disabled with a write entire for those problems to go away.

If you want the engine and transmission to jive together though, you will need the PCM and TCM flashed together with a VIN/OS that match if you are using an automatic transmission.