Thread: LGX swap, only 250 crank HP?

Potential Tuner

LGX swap, only 250 crank HP?

Hi everyone. I recently did a LGX manual swap in my NB Miata. VATS disabled, Camaro 6 speed manual transmission, ECM is E82 from manual Camaro if that changes anything. It drives all good but lacks of power. My friends car weights about the same, has 3liter BMW engine producing around 245crank HP and I barely take him in a straight line. And it realy feels like it does not have 335HP at all.
    What could be the cause of it?

Hard to know without data logs and your current tune.

Lots of stuff could be setup wrong or there is lots of power being pulled away because of torque mngt or whatever.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

just lately I had a Camaro LGX on my dyno and it was very low as well but could absolutely not find anything wrong with the car

Tuner in Training
    Log it and see where the throttle plate is. If all the torque settings and tables aren't in agreement, it will close the throttle plate at higher rpms.

Potential Tuner
    OK, so I dyno'ed my car and it had 257kW at the crank so it doesn't make sense at all. How can 245HP be faster in every straight line racing over the 345HP? Doesn't matter if it's from standstill or rolling start at whatever speed. I know that he's lighter about 50kg or 110lb but +100HP should do something.
    Can it be that the E82 ECM has some sort of vehicle speed ramp rate limiter? This is the only thing I can think of because on the dyno the rpm ramp rate is very slow compared to flooring it on the road. I can't find anything in the VCM Editor though.
    For example on the dyno the exhaust screams all the way to rev limiter but in the street it muffles a bit at about 4k rpm and over it like it would limit the delivered torque.
    I've logged every single torque related channel and none of them show any limits. Delivered torque is the same on the dyno and on the road. Final spark also, no knocking. Throttle always 100%.
    Any thoughts? It feels like it gives the initial torque but when accelerating it just doesn't feel it could have 345hp. I've had a turbo setup with only 250hp before LGX swap that was faster than now and faster than that BMW.
    What do I don't understand?
    Please, any thoughts are welcome.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gremis; 04-14-2022 at 01:53 AM.