Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drivability issues after leaving battery disconnected overnight.

Tuner in Training

Drivability issues after leaving battery disconnected overnight.

04 Z06 d1sc and external magnafuel 750
    - have had this issue for almost 2 months now.
    First when car is started and idling I get a very heavy fuel vapor smell. I have part throttle sputtering under 2k or so. If I let the rpms drop in gear it will just go all the way and try to die out.
    Under wot or heavy part throttle there is a hesitation.
    Also when trying to downshift and rev match when I give it gas there is just nothing there no engine noise or anything , but if I give it a a couple seconds I'll get a very light muffled sound of the engine.
    Idles normal after stopped but intermittently rpms drop to 500 or so and recover to the normal 850.
    No lights at all or codes.

So far I've tried reflashing the tune,cleaning maf,cleaned Tb, plug wires, plugs, tried to put some miles on and see if it relearned. Any ideas ? Thanks
    Last edited by JS61; 10-07-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Post a log (if you have one) of it happening and your current tune file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith View Post
    Post a log (if you have one) of it happening and your current tune file.
    Just attached both

So this issue just started happening after a battery disconnect? The car drove fine before? The first thing I see is the fueling is way off. You have listed 60lb injectors. What brand are they? Where did you get your injector data from? Do you have a wideband installed? Also the log is showing it is always in 3rd gear? I feel like that is an incorrect channel.

Tuner in Training
    are you sure you flashed it with the correct tune?

it's running a rich tune with that 230-242-115 setup.
    2002 Suburban 5.3L (BTR V2 Stage II Truck Cam Kit) | 4L60E (Corvette Servo)

Tuner in Training
    So this issue just started happening after a battery disconnect? The car drove fine before? The first thing I see is the fueling is way off. You have listed 60lb injectors. What brand are they? Where did you get your injector data from? Do you have a wideband installed? Also the log is showing it is always in 3rd gear? I feel like that is an incorrect channel.
    They are deka 60 they flow 72 at Ls pressure, yeah drove perfectly before. This tune is from a reputable ls tuner. Not sure what changed .

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by leciphern View Post
    are you sure you flashed it with the correct tune?

it's running a rich tune with that 230-242-115 setup.
    Yes correct tune is flashed, ran perfect this way for months. Drove like stock. It's a ccp jam cam

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot 2021-10-07 112816.jpg
    is this reading true, or is something stuck?

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot 2021-10-07 112816.jpg
    is this reading true, or is something stuck?
    That probably has something to do with this. I don't believe that is correct

Do you have a log file of how it ran before?

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a log file of how it ran before?
    Two logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Even in those the fueling is all over the place. I pulled up the injector data I could find and none of your values match what was listed (I could also have incorrect data). The first one is "wot3" was that supposed to be a wide open throttle pull? You don't have pedal position logging but actual throttle only hits 40 ish percent. Something is definitely off I just can't determine if its something physically wrong at this point.

Potential Tuner
    i have an LT5 crate motor in a 1969 camaro and the throttle peddle is extremely sensitive at rolling take off is there an easy fix for this or would you have to remap the table

Tuner in Training
    at this point, to me it seems mechanical.

is the D1SC functioning properly?
    check charge tubing, connections, etc.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JS61 View Post
    That probably has something to do with this. I don't believe that is correct
    ETC doesn't have an IAC.

Tuner in Training
    I went data logging the LTFT and had -18 -14 in most cells , I multiplied by percent - half on the ve table and the hesitation got worse. Also after datalogging that tune still had -14 in most cells. Should I adjust that table more ?

If the VE changes arent really affecting your fueling something is wrong. The injector data I found for DEKA 72lbs doesnt match whats in your tune. Where did you get your data from? Your fueling is off in every log you posted.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JS61 View Post
    I went data logging the LTFT and had -18 -14 in most cells , I multiplied by percent - half on the ve table and the hesitation got worse. Also after datalogging that tune still had -14 in most cells. Should I adjust that table more ?
    I believe I read that each time you make changes to the VE map, you should reset the LTFT learning data in VCM Scanner before driving/logging.
    Something about it taking a few drives to clear out on its own.

Tuner in Training
    If the VE changes arent really affecting your fueling something is wrong. The injector data I found for DEKA 72lbs doesnt match whats in your tune. Where did you get your data from? Your fueling is off in every log you posted.
    My tuner got this data not sure what he uses. I've tried other settings that I have found. By the way they are deka 60 long style. I noticed the tunes he sent were all for the short 60s. I've tried the long data as well.

Tuner in Training
    I believe I read that each time you make changes to the VE map, you should reset the LTFT learning data in VCM Scanner before driving/logging.
    Something about it taking a few drives to clear out on its own.
    That sounds accurate I will try messing with this again had to take a break lol