Thread: Another TCC Apply won't command issue with 4L60E and 411 project

Potential Tuner

Another TCC Apply won't command issue with 4L60E and 411 project

Hi, I am having a problem getting the TC to lock up in my project car. The car is a H/C/I 1995 Lt1 TransAm with a 1994 4L60E and a 24X with 411 PCM conversion.

I am learning as I go and started with a factory 2001 LS1 T/A tune. I believe the issue is in the tune and I am overlooking whatever it is. Last week I blew a fuse in the water pump and the engine got really hot. I was not logging at the time but the converter locked out and it drove perfect. Not sure if it was a fluke or what but I am 100% sure it locked up. It has not locked up under normal circumstances, only the time it over heated. That leads me to believe I have something wrong in the tune itself.

I can manually lock and unlock converter in HPT and it works perfect. However, I cannot get the pcm to command tcc lock up on its own. I have tried doubling the non 32,767 misfire values and it did not help. Any help is very much appreciated. I attached a log and tune from a cruise today.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please note that a 1994 4L60E uses DIFFERENT internal wiring, and solenoids, than the 2001 tune that you are using. You can work around this by adding a TCC PWM solenoid, and the correct wiring harness, inside the 1994 transmission. Though the TCC PWM solenoid you will be adding will just be there to trick the computer, you most likely will need to have it there in order for the PCM to command lock up. Is the PCM setting codes? And please note you CANNOT trust HP Tuners to show you codes. I would HIGHLY recommend scanning the PCM with a known, good, scanner.. The cheap hand-held $150 or less code readers are NOT going to do it either as they are just as useless as HP Tuners in this regard. I'm willing to bet you will have codes for TCC PWM solenoid circuit (because you don't have one inside the 1994 trans!) therefor the PCM will NEVER command lock up on it's own.

Further, why in the world are you running a 1994 4L60E? They are known for having non-heated-treated sunshells, and many other weak points. You can expect that trans to live a very short life if you are attempting to put ANY power at all through it.. Unless it's been rebuilt with good parts?