Thread: How to Log Boost and Fuel Pressure without external inputs

How to Log Boost and Fuel Pressure without external inputs

With the recent updates to the VCM Scanner software you can now use your IMRC channels to log external inputs like boost and fuel pressure. I bought the male plugs and made some short harnesses to adapt a 100PSI pressure sensor and a GM 3 bar map sensor to the IMRC sensor plugs. To make this work you will need to delete the IMRCs and leave the sensors turned on in your tune. I have attached my VCM layout as well as my math parameters to make it work. Please shoot me a message if you have any issues setting it up. Fuel Pressure IMRC2.MathParameter.xmlGM3Bar.MathParameter.xmlBoost0.Layout.xmloc -E85_4R200_Street_Flex_60PSI_10.01.21v2.hpt
    Last edited by Kcc0521; 10-08-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    This is a great idea but the imrc position pid seems to be missing from my Whipple cal.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea, I repolled today and check again. It’s a great idea but not available on Whipple strategy. Apparently the pids for imrc position were deleted or otherwise not mapped. If anyone knows a workaround, I am all ears.

Advanced Tuner
    good info

very cool add on, i know several of the supercharger OS use at least one for the manifold temp and roush uses the 2nd sensor input for an added baro sensor.
    seems like the next step would be to repurpose the imrc solenoid control to trigger something like meth injection or nitrous. configured based on rpm/mapped point and load. most strategies even have timing adjustment that might be useful.

Been using IMRC inputs to log wastegate position in twin turbo setup on 3 gen pcm.

Used for fuel rail pressure sensor and MAP in 2 gen pcm...been doing that from some time.

There no Roush with external baro sensor, I thing you meant external MAP sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Been using IMRC inputs to log wastegate position in twin turbo setup on 3 gen pcm.

Used for fuel rail pressure sensor and MAP in 2 gen pcm...been doing that from some time.

There no Roush with external baro sensor, I thing you meant external MAP sensor.
    What were you using to log the IMRC with since Eric just added the second IMRC sensor to VCM scanner a couple of weeks ago?

Best I can find, roush started adding a map sensor for baro back in 2018 on the gen2 kits.
    Correct though, actually a map sensor.

My kit uses the 2nd imrc sensor input and adds a map sensor that is supposed to be left zip tied loose in the engine comp. One version of the gen2 tune has the slope/intercept added and baro sensor enabled.

Sensor is fomoco cf331
    Cv2a-9f479-aa
    Bosch # 0261230334 (porsche uses same sensor)

Would rather it be a true mani mounted sensor though with the normal KOEO baro reading used.

Assuming roush got tired of tuning around some part of the tune and went for live data.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcc0521 View Post
    What were you using to log the IMRC with since Eric just added the second IMRC sensor to VCM scanner a couple of weeks ago?
    I know he did...because I requested that...you can thanks me later.

Was using IMRC 1 and AC pressure voltage channels, IMRC 2 was available in "other loggers"...many ways to skin a cat...