Thread: knock feedback & KCLV

knock feedback & KCLV

Hey guys.

regarding knock feedback & KCLV!!
    Is there a way to find them for non supported cars in HPTUNER?

i tuned some Toyota and Lexus cars by using VCM Scanner but i never figured out how to find the PID of them. and for tuning ignition i need to use techstreem.

thank you in advance.

Are you repolling for supported parameters in VCM Scanner? Which vehicles are you trying to log that you can't find them?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNStock View Post
    Are you repolling for supported parameters in VCM Scanner? Which vehicles are you trying to log that you can't find them?
    i use the vcm scanner alot while tuning toyota and lexus cars 4-8 cly but the only option i wish to add is the knock feedback and KCLV.
    i used it with IS350 GS350 also with Toyota Prado. but i never checked if it will work with FJ and toyota sequoia.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AT View Post
    i use the vcm scanner alot while tuning toyota and lexus cars 4-8 cly but the only option i wish to add is the knock feedback and KCLV.
    i used it with IS350 GS350 also with Toyota Prado. but i never checked if it will work with FJ and toyota sequoia.

I sent you a PM

I also am chasing the pids for Knock Feedback and KCLV..... A a 2017 Toyota Kluger/Highlander. The 21B2 doesn't work... I've tried a bunch of stuff no go. Works fine in TechStream nothing in VCM... but if I even just knew the PIDs it would help as I could use TorquePro and screen capture etc.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 08-20-2023 at 01:06 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    I also am chasing the pids for Knock Feedback and KCLV..... A a 2017 Toyota Kluger/Highlander. The 21B2 doesn't work... I've tried a bunch of stuff no go. Works fine in TechStream nothing in VCM... but if I even just knew the PIDs it would help as I could use TorquePro and screen capture etc.
    Yes with VCM we can not get the pid for kf and KCLV. only with techstream.
    By the way search in the forum, i remember someone mention the math of them to get the pid with Torquepro.

I did look hence my post. The software I am meant to use does not work... VCM Scanner is better but doesn't log knock which is what I am set on getting sorted with the timing tables etc. TechStream is what I can reliably use for a period........ it also doesn't like to log very long so I just screen record the laptop and go off the video....... not very techncial a very backwards way of doing things but what can I do.

There's really no support for my car particular or most Toyota's so....

If only VCM Scanner did Knock F/B Value and Knock Correct Learn Value, Shift Status (to show current gear) and I think maybe Accelerator Position which it doesn't. Perhaps they need to change it so you can custom add your own pids if you know the details (which I don't).....

I could log with TorquePro again screen capture or whatever as I have an Android Headunit with a OBD2 for it..... but again dunno the pid, I'll jump over to the Tundra forums and try my luck ...... there's nothing nowhere. 21B2 doesn't work as a PID. .....
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 08-26-2023 at 06:27 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    I did look hence my post. The software I am meant to use does not work... VCM Scanner is better but doesn't log knock which is what I am set on getting sorted with the timing tables etc. TechStream is what I can reliably use for a period........ it also doesn't like to log very long so I just screen record the laptop and go off the video....... not very techncial a very backwards way of doing things but what can I do.

There's really no support for my car particular or most Toyota's so....

If only VCM Scanner did Knock F/B Value and Knock Correct Learn Value, Shift Status (to show current gear) and I think maybe Accelerator Position which it doesn't. Perhaps they need to change it so you can custom add your own pids if you know the details (which I don't).....

I could log with TorquePro again screen capture or whatever as I have an Android Headunit with a OBD2 for it..... but again dunno the pid, I'll jump over to the Tundra forums and try my luck ...... there's nothing nowhere. 21B2 doesn't work as a PID. .....
    with Techhstream you can log as long as you want without recording the screen.
    I use it alot when tuning spark timing to looking for K.F.B & KCL.
    To change the duration of the record. search for work " snapshot" .under function -snapshot confi
    And then go to the data and choice The max.

I hope that VCM can add K.F.B AND KCL