Thread: Gen v fan control help

Tuner in Training

Gen v fan control help

Is there a guide for changing the settings for temp and duty cycle for pwm fan control? Thanks.

Tuner
    There is no guide, but it's pretty straightforward. Fan settings are under "System". Here's a screenshot from one of my tunes that has worked well.
    Fan Desired % vs ECT vs Desired ECT.PNG
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

I’ve monitored AC pressure to kinda help with this. I think I started bringing fans in low-speed around 900kPa or something. There was a correlation someone came up with that around that pressure was around about 140* in the engine compartment or something. It’s different for each car but using that method guided me to get the fans to come on in traffic, hold temps well, and have the fans turn off when the car was moving.

Tuner
    I've re-scaled [Desired %] table, made it start 160* until 245*
    also, adjust [mechanical thermostat] value and [Desired ECT] table
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. Your chart is kind of what I did. Had to use a fan controller from a Jeep Liberty to work with the old school electric fans. Still get variable fan speed, just not as smoothly.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the chart

I'm not having success with System/Fans/Vehicle Speed Adjust - fan % logged seems to ignore it.
    Any suggestions, right now I'm stumped?

fan vehicle speed adjust.JPGfans and MPH.JPG
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

here's the tune and log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else