Thread: 09 ctsv first start and idle issues Mostly on Ethanol *HELP!*

Tuner

Question 09 ctsv first start and idle issues Mostly on Ethanol *HELP!*

Car only has bolt ons, pulley, headers, ID1050x inj, full exhaust, extra cooling, also has dw300c pumps. Tune on car was good, drove it like that for couple years. Now, moved across country and have tweeked a few minor things, but the damn thing wont start (hot or cold) on ethanol! I may be to green to this and just dont have the time to learn all of it now. Just need to help to sort this out. To the point I dont even want to drive the car cuz it takes 7 tries to leave the parts store! I have tried OL charts and nothing seems to help. Have dialed back idle timing swings, but that's about it. I know my VVE needs help, but thats it?

attached should be my tune and a log. Have a few logs of first start and idling down my road and trying to drive the car...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dzz88; 10-12-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Senior Tuner
    why is your stoich table like that ? the 1000cc inj should fit no worries or worst case just do double/half so it stays good

Tuner
    not sure why the tuner left the table alone. Thats how it is... can I change it? If I do change it what else is needed to change too?

Tuner
    here is another log.. I'm just lost.
    car doesnt idle worth a crap, anytime i put it in gear it dies
    Last edited by Dzz88; 10-13-2021 at 10:46 AM.

I agree. Fix the injector data and put the stoich table back to the correct settings for E0 to E100.

The people you bought the injectors from would have given you the data or it's on their website. Make sure all that is correct.

Then find a stock stoich table and put that in there.

The tune will need other changes too. The PE table for WOT fueling is absurdly rich, like black smoke out the tail pipe rich for regular gas and even more so with alcohol.

I don't trust who ever tuned this, I don't think they know what they are doing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I agree. Fix the injector data and put the stoich table back to the correct settings for E0 to E100.

The people you bought the injectors from would have given you the data or it's on their website. Make sure all that is correct.

Then find a stock stoich table and put that in there.

The tune will need other changes too. The PE table for WOT fueling is absurdly rich, like black smoke out the tail pipe rich for regular gas and even more so with alcohol.

I don't trust who ever tuned this, I don't think they know what they are doing.

As far as stoich table, its whats in the car stock. E67 ctsv... Car actually runs better than it did, pulls real hard with no smoke at all! Injector data is from website... This is why I'm so lost here. Also should note car was a MAF only tune and I have been working on the blended stuff, as I like how the car used to drive. Not sure what direction is best here.
    Last edited by Dzz88; 10-14-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Tuner
    guess next question would be, who in this area can tune this? Or remote tune?

MIDDLE OF NO WHERE

Advanced Tuner
    The stoich table you have is not the same as the OE CTS V. At 0% ethanol stoich should be 14.6xxx.

The injector flow rate data you in your calibration is not the same as what is on ID's website for 1050X injectors.

If your MAF or VVE table was tuned using the wrong injector data then your whole airflow model will be incorrect and will need to be re calibrated with the real injector data.

Where are you located now?

Tuner
    No clue why the stoich table is changed, purpose is to be lazy and quick tune?
    Well shit I will have to look into that injector data then. which parts in part in particular are u referring to? Did change flow rate vs press...
    Car was tuned Maf only at first.
    Located in North Dakota. Haven't heard much about ''tuners" here. Not sure Id trust anyone
    Last edited by Dzz88; 10-15-2021 at 12:43 AM.

No clue why there did that with the stoich table.

Copy the stoich table from this silverado tune, it will be what you need to at least correct that part.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah you are extremely rich while in PE...1.35 is 10.80 on the afr gas scale...and it only gets MORE rich above 3000 rpm. pe rich.JPG
    fyi, i have my ctsv set at 11.7 afr (pump gas only)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzz88 View Post
    No clue why the stoich table is changed, purpose is to be lazy and quick tune?
    Well shit I will have to look into that injector data then. which parts in part in particular are u referring to? Did change flow rate vs press...
    Car was tuned Maf only at first.
    Located in North Dakota. Haven't heard much about ''tuners" here. Not sure Id trust anyone
    It will be in the "Fuel" tab under general. There will be changes to multiple tables in there. I have ID 850s in my ctsv and was able to get all the data from their website. Pretty sure they have 1050 data on there as well. Email me if you need help [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    http://help.injectordynamics.com/sup...aracterization

^^ here is the link and click on this xls file. should be everything you need1050 info.JPG

at a quick glance it looks like your flowrate numbers aren't matching IDs recommended values
    Last edited by sgod1100; 10-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    there should be a point system on HPTuners for stuff like this, the last 3 posts i read, maybe old post,but still no conclusion. Off with their heads!!!!