Thread: 200% VE at idle??

Tuner in Training

200% VE at idle??

2004 Yukon 5.3 converted to DBC and SD. 209 / 217 camshaft. 25 lb truck injectors and fuel rail at 58 psi fuel pressure.
    Throttle setscrew and TPS adjusted. 6 g/ps added to idle airflow
    Freshly built engine, 4" intake and 2.5 exhaust. Very basic.
    The engine needs the throttle cracked right after startup then is setts down fairly well.
    I have been logging in closed loop and correcting the VE. The engine is beginning to idle smoother but there is NO WAY IN HELL the VE numbers are correct.
    What could be throwing things of Injector data? Idle Airflow? Other adaptives or something?

Looking for advise on what to research, log, test to educate myself?
    Green YJ Base Corr 10 12 Test see notes plus VE corr.hpt
    21-10-12 18-01-22.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Did you fix whatever mechanical issue it has that had it throwing 75+% fuel at itself via LTFT+STFT's, or are you just trying to tune around it?

Are you 100% sure there is no vacuum leaks?

Are you 100% sure there is no exhaust leak before the primary o2 sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Yes mechanical issues was corrected. IAC was fully open allowing lots of air in and not moving due to harness issue. It's now operating properly as best I can tell. Intake was tested with a smoke machine, no leaks found.
    I did fabricate all my own exhaust so there is a possibility for a leak. I'm not hearing an exhaust leak but can absolutely check.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    tune is pretty bad, you are running a speed density custom operating system but haven't failed the maf and then set the maf dtc's to no error reported which will result in less than desirable results. This is a tuning issue on your end from what I can tell.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the input. I thought that running the SD operating system would eliminate the MAF all together. That's what assuming will do for you.
    I will make changes. And report back.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Bill for the advice and catching my mistake.

I checked my tune and sure enough even though I was running a SD operating system MY MAF WAS NOT FAILED !!!
    I made adjustment to the tune and the engine started and ran very very well. I did made small adjustments to my throttle stop and some very small corretions to my VE after a few logs. Now get get onto finish correcting the VE table.
    My build is back on track and hopefully I can get this project wrapped up.

Is there a was to edit a thread title after submitting?

21-10-13 17-49-25.hpl

Green YJ SD !.hpt