Thread: 2014 gmc sierra 6l80e shifting PROBLEM!

Exclamation 2014 gmc sierra 6l80e shifting PROBLEM!

i have a turbo truck 2014 model that now im facing a problem with the trans tune before when the truck was making 650whp it was shifting fine and on point but the problem occurs after we raised the boost the truck wont shift 3-4 shift and i lowered the shift point on the trans tune it shifts one time and another it doesnt hope someone can chime in and help. i will include the tune so anyone can go through it.tune05.hptstreet tune.hpl
    2003 Tahoe 5.3L turbo PTE 7675 604rwhp on 14.7 psi
    2011 Silverado 416ci turbo 9 psi 629rwhp
    2006 Cadillac cts-v lingenfelter 427ci 630hp package
    2010 Silverado LSx 427 with maggy 650 awhp

Set your shift point super low like 5800 rpms, set your shift times back to stock and enable your torque management back to stock and try it out again. If its still not completing the shift, In my opinion its slipping too much and its an internal issue.

I will try it and will give you updates on it

last night i tried lowering the boost setting and it didnt shift so i started increasing the ongoing pressure and lowering the shift point to where it started shifting fine so i raised the boost to where it was and everything is perfect on the dot.
    2003 Tahoe 5.3L turbo PTE 7675 604rwhp on 14.7 psi
    2011 Silverado 416ci turbo 9 psi 629rwhp
    2006 Cadillac cts-v lingenfelter 427ci 630hp package
    2010 Silverado LSx 427 with maggy 650 awhp

Advanced Tuner
    what people need to think about is that once you start pushing more power through the box, you need to realize that you need to start "pre-empting" the shift because the engine accelerates much quicker.

for example similar driveline setups/tyres with different power levels, i might have a 3-4 shift set to 160kph for a 600whp car vs 143kph for a 900+ car.

Tuner in Training JustinWhiteTuned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoels1 View Post
    last night i tried lowering the boost setting and it didn't shift so I started increasing the ongoing pressure and lowering the shift point to where it started shifting fine so I raised the boost to where it was and everything is perfect on the dot.
    That entire trans tune needs to be put back to stock and ONLY ADJUST WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND ITS FUNCTIONALITY. You have shortened the commanded shift time so low, and then cut all the transitions down to where the trans couldn't give you what your asking even on its best day. id venture to say if you clear the adapts on this file the trans would just bang and bind. You're living on the adapts at this point at best and wont matter how many mph you command it earlier, its not gong to properly shift either way. Also, disabling the upshift torque management isn't helping your case. I assume you did that bc it was falling on its face on the shifts? That was the transmission telling you there is an issue and begging for mercy, so jamming through the shifts isn't helping. The copy and paste is another major flaw on this file, you cant just take stuff from other years and operating systems and thing it will work on such a complex system