Thread: New to tuning, but not to performance.

Potential Tuner

New to tuning, but not to performance.

Ive been doing performance stuff for quite some time. But most of that was carburetors and stuff so I know the basics of tuning. My last hotrod was a 64 Nova with a 13:1 383 and a bigshot plate system, this was years ago though. I sold that engine back when LS engines were still a pretty new thing. I just recently picked up a 04 Silverado 2500 with the LQ4. After looking into everything and contacting one of my local tuners, Im thinking about buying HP Tuners and giving it a crack myself. What are the computer requirements for HP Tuners? Im an Apple guy (dont hold that against me) so Im pretty sure ill need to purchase a Windows machine only to be used for tuning. How difficult of a learning curve is there with using HP Tuners? Are there any good YouTubers who discuss the basics of using the software?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    hey mate as above theres also the hp tuners youtube channel it has some good stuff and also and the tuning school does some good videos
    and a dude from new zealand channel name hp academy does some good hp tuning vids as well as automotive performance videos ..
    Last edited by Asapmobmechanic; 10-14-2021 at 06:36 AM.