Thread: How to get rid of knocks?

Tuner in Training

Post How to get rid of knocks?

Hello guys,

I was thinking to tune my car but I scanned for knocks first and I realise there is few knocks so I was wondering how I can eliminate it?

I bought the car that way so I'm not sure if there was any tuning on the engine before.,

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 6.1
    Current modes only cai, exhaust, oil catch can & 180 stat.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to adjust the wot timing table to eliminate knock. You really need to run a wideband and set the afr up properly too or you're just shooting in the dark. In my experience, the 6.1 cars basically live on the knock sensors at WOT and are typically pulling timing out to a point that it ends up lower than needed.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

log and pull timing till there is no more knock….thats it.
    you can set a filter on throttle pos to filter shifting and avoid slip.

tuners use external knock sensors. the factorys are built to get safe.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, so it seems like I need to get that wideband eventually.

or switch and tune for E85 if you are having E85 in your country

Oh it certainly does behave like a stock 6.1 I recognize the trims right off. Get a wideband. Tame that ve table. I bet you are lean in wot from those o2 mv values. Beneath 850mv worries me.

So once you get your fueling nice say 12.7 to 12.5 in wot your knock should go away as stock. 1-2 degrees of knock has never bothered me. Anything higher, yes I would remove timing. Multiply knock tables by 1.20 unless you got stainless long tubes, then blend out to 2.4 volts. Only, only, only if. Don't get carried away. Reset adaptives.

Tuner
    I agree with drumnbasslvr, but you have to get your WB
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by drumnbasslvr View Post
    So once you get your fueling nice say 12.7 to 12.5 in wot your knock should go away as stock. 1-2 degrees of knock has never bothered me. Anything higher, yes I would remove timing. Multiply knock tables by 1.20 unless you got stainless long tubes, then blend out to 2.4 volts. Only, only, only if. Don't get carried away. Reset adaptives.
    I've removed a bit timing on the whole tables of Part Throttle Base & WOT (just like experiment) and the knock went away but the performance of the car was slow so I reverted back to stock.
    Usually the knock comes above 3k rpms, do I need to pull a bit of the timing Only where the knock comes in?
    Also I'm using 97 octane which is equivalent to 93 in USA.
    Last edited by donalic; 11-24-2021 at 03:33 AM.