Thread: Reverting to a known good version of VCM Scanner Beta

Reverting to a known good version of VCM Scanner Beta

Is there a directory listing on the website of beta versions? I recently submitted a ticket for a bug but can only download the latest version, I would like to go back to a revision that I was on and continue from there. This would be greatly appreciated by the community at large. We know the software is complex and shit happens so we are happy to see the fixes when they arrive but if we can't go back in time to a good known version, it kind of leaves us hanging till the bug is resolved.

Would be greatly appreciated. 🙏
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182

What version are you looking for?
    2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
    Stock headers and cats
    Mopar CAI
    Innovate dual WBO2 sensor kit
    Custom tuning by me via HPT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    4.10 is the newest stable build and is available for free on our downloads page.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    What version are you looking for?
    I was having an issue with a Beta, updating to the newest revision allowed me to get those channels back. It just sucked that I had to wait for the latest revision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    4.10 is the newest stable build and is available for free on our downloads page.
    Completely understand that you have a stable and beta release system. However because of the length of time for all the bug fixes from 4.10 to the latest beta I cannot run stable anymore. It would be nice if you at least offered the most recent five revisions as downloads on your site, hell even a list on the forums would be appreciated.
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182

The bug fixes are rare, but these problems aren't anything they need to be super concerned about other than fixing them which is part of the point of the Beta versions which have a warning when you open them that they may have issues. Every time you update you should download and save that version so that you have a version to revert to if needed. The system also allows you to have both standard and Beta at the same time. If the version of Beta give you a problem you would then just open the other version and do what's needed. Downloading and labeling the versions would also prevent some issues from the Beta since you would have the last version you used and were happy with right there to install and go back to. Being upset that there are bugs with a software version that lets you know ahead of time that there may be bugs with it is ridiculous. They could just not release Beta versions at all and make us stuck with only the most current solid release. I'm happy the Beta versions are available and having purchased 1,548 credits on my personal cables (not including company cables) with them I personally don't recall it being an issue worthy of changing the system at hand.