Thread: 2010 GT500 with Whipple 3.8 and 132mm monoblade throttle

Tuner in Training

2010 GT500 with Whipple 3.8 and 132mm monoblade throttle

Hello, I've been messing with this for a good while now and am running into three primary issues with the Whipple 132mm throttle. I have used some data for Predicted Throttle Angle and Effective Area found in other threads but am still running into these issues:

1. Very, very slow steady increasing application of throttle at idle results in increasing error and eventually it shuts the car down and throws a P2104 and P2112 (Log THROTTLE_DEAD)

2. At the end of a WOT pull the throttle hangs open and the engine is on the limiter. (Log THROTTLE_WOTSTUCK) This seemed to correlate to the Predicted Angle table where manifold vacuum and effective area are causing it to command 15 degrees open.

3. Revving from idle causes a rev hang to 2500rpm for an extended period (~20s) before settling back down. No log for this one but I can make one.

Car info:
    2010 GT500 5.4L
    Whipple 3.8L blower
    Whipple 3.250" pulley (at 3500ft elevation)
    Whipple 132mm monoblade throttle
    Whipple air intake
    Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors
    Deatschwerks twin 340lph pumps
    Otherwise stock down to the exhaust.

I forgot to send myself the current tune, but will upload that first thing tomorrow morning. I am uploading the two logs and the original read off the car but wanted to write out this post tonight while I had time.

THROTTLE_DEAD.hpl
    THROTTLE_WOTSTUCK.hpl
    LEE_GT500_WHIPPLE_ORIGINAL.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Here's the current tune
    LEE_GT500_WHIPPLE_throttle5.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Do you have a pedal commander or pedal max piggy backing your accelerator? Doesn't seem to ever go less than 18%, and it should go to 0%.

i am not sure how is the tune posted here work with you compared to the list of mods which it's need allots of work. try this tune for stuck TB at wot

LEE_GT500_WHIPPLE_throttle5 v1.hpt
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]