Thread: Tuning for stand alone

Tuner in Training

Tuning for stand alone

With regard to a stand alone harness for and engine swap, I keep reading that speartech and others ”tune” for things like running a standard (non-pwm) fuel pump. Many are ditching the PWM pump and using a standard walbro 255lph that’s the same as an LS swap using ECM x1 pin 44 (a wire that sends a signal for a relay to operate the pump).

From what my tuner said there’s no way to tune that. So is the tuning that they’re speaking of just deleting the codes for not having a fuel pump module? Or is there truly a way to tune the ECM to control the relay that sends the signal?
    Last edited by blackdog76; 10-15-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    On the X1 connector pin 44, circuit 5660 is normally the output to the Fuel Pump module. It can be wired to a relay that controls the fuel pump. It will give a normal 2-3 second prime with the key on, and then run the pump once the engine is started. In the fuel section in the tune software you can tell it that there is no Fuel Module used, and the type of pump that is being used.
    This information is assuming an E92 ECM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    On the X1 connector pin 44, circuit 5660 is normally the output to the Fuel Pump module. It can be wired to a relay that controls the fuel pump. It will give a normal 2-3 second prime with the key on, and then run the pump once the engine is started. In the fuel section in the tune software you can tell it that there is no Fuel Module used, and the type of pump that is being used.
    This information is assuming an E92 ECM.
    It is a E92, yes. Thanks for that info, I’ll pass it along.

Advanced Tuner
    What you want is absolutely possible. Just put a good pump in it and forget the fpcm.