Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed density no throttle response

Tuner in Training

Speed density no throttle response

Sorry im new to HP tuners i just changed my tune into SD and i have no throttle from the pedal or the throttle body im not sure its in SD or not i attached my start up tune maybe i did somthing wrong . LS1 LS6 intake stage 2 cam 3bar map 80# injectors single w450 pump 7875 on a huron speed kit and a 4l80e with a 3600 yank ST . Thanks ahead .
    Attached Files Attached Files

What 3 bar MAP.

You didn't change the injector data yet, do that.

Lots of other stuff in this tune is incomplete but that stuff wouldn't cause the throttle not to function.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    NP BOOSTED PART#16249939,126151136,NP-LS1mp3 .Ok thank you ill figure out how to change that right now .

Unless my google is failing me you posted two different sensors.

16249939, that is a 1 bar sensor.

126151136, that is a 2 bar sensor.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The website I purchased the map sensor gave me those number for cross reference the part# is NP-LS1MP3

Tuner in Training
    I changed the flow rate to match the 80# injectors .Is there Anything else that I would need to change has far has the injectors go ?

Did it come with the linear and offset settings you need to input?

Does you MAP kpa with key on engine off read correctly. Like 100kpa and sea level and less with elevation.

Tuner in Training
    I couldnt find any info on the site I got my map sensor from ...Just checked my kpa with key on and its at 104kpa is that correct ? Im close to sea level .
    Last edited by savsbird; 10-16-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ok I changed the injector data and its has throttle now and it sound good i have few codes still thanks for the help

104kpa is still high, doesn't sound right to me.

Make sure you are logging the correct MAP channel too. The 1 bar MAP channel needs to be removed and replaced with the 2 or 3 bar map channel.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    104kpa is still high, doesn't sound right to me.

Make sure you are logging the correct MAP channel too. The 1 bar MAP channel needs to be removed and replaced with the 2 or 3 bar map channel.
    After I changed the injector info and loaded the tune the map kpa were in the low 90s has I was running the scanner with the car running.

It was at 90kpa just idling?

If so, that is way too high.

Mystery MAP sensors with unknown linear/offset are a lot like mystery injectors - without data, pretty much useless.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It was at 90kpa just idling?

If so, that is way too high.
    What should my KPA be at during idle ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Mystery MAP sensors with unknown linear/offset are a lot like mystery injectors - without data, pretty much useless.
    The manufacture gave me a part number for cross reference if that makes a difference

That's the physical interchange, not the electrical specs. As noted above the two part numbers are not interchangeable - one is a 1-bar, other is 2-bar, but they have the same body design and fit the same manifolds.

What you bought is a Chinese knock-off sensor with unknown linear/offset. I would have to imagine that if the importer who is reselling this crap knew the specs, they would have been listed and not left to guesswork.

Tuner in Training
    That's the physical interchange, not the electrical specs. As noted above the two part numbers are not interchangeable - one is a 1-bar, other is 2-bar, but they have the same body design and fit the same manifolds.

What you bought is a Chinese knock-off sensor with unknown linear/offset. I would have to imagine that if the importer who is reselling this crap knew the specs, they would have been listed and not left to guesswork.
    Ok thanks I’ll get a new one I have to get a few things any way any brands you recommend?

Something that lists the actual linear and offset for the part they are selling?

Or you could contact the seller/company and ask them what the specs are and why they have to act like it's a secret or something.

Holley is not any better with their rebranded Chinese 'Sniper' garbage. They won't give out the linear/offset for their sensors, I suspect because the offshore manufacturer they get them from doesn't know either. They don't care. Why should they as long as people are still buying them?

Holley is not any better with their rebranded Chinese 'Sniper' garbage. They won't give out the linear/offset for their sensors, I suspect because the offshore manufacturer they get them from doesn't know either. They don't care. Why should they as long as people are still buying them?
    That's ridiculous and frustrating. Makes it hard for new people to get started. Especially when they don't even know what questions to ask.
    Last edited by Matt Vardaman; 10-17-2021 at 11:47 PM.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)