Thread: A good read for every tuner, wake up call.

A good read for every tuner, wake up call.

GM made the move to an application called TechConnect from their java based app for service programming. There were some hiccups in the software such as the inability to use it at all but a day later an update issued remedied it all. We use the VXDiag dongle for flashes. Works the same, looks different, the end. You may buy one Vin license for 40 and may flash that vehicle as much as you like for 2 years. Flashes are online.

Dodge service programming is very complicated upon initial setup, but once working, it is less daunting. Must use Internet Explorer! We use the "sundowned" VCI Pod to conduct flashes. The instructions on the site say you may conduct flashes up to 2009 year models. They say you need 3 different subscriptions in order to do it. False Information. You need only a single three day subscription to it. They recently have done away with the one day subscription for lesser price. Still it is priced fairly in my opinion and less than GM. You may buy a 3 day subscription for 37 and can download as many flashes for every kind of vehicle you want in that time frame. Flashes are conducted offline.

Furthermore on Dodge, we were able to download a PCM update for a 2013 Challenger and conduct it in normal fashion. Also the site mentions they support only PCM and TCM. False again. Download a file for FCM (fuse box, or otherwise known as TIPM), it will say failed. Conduct the flash anyway, it works. The selection of vehicles is up to current models so I wonder how far new we can go. I might imagine that the cutoff for the ability is 2018 models due to their secure gateway which we bypass anyway with a dongle.
    I have yet to use Osiris or IDS for Ford models next and see how it fairs, there is a 2017 F150 with 10 speed transmission that needs a strategy update asap.

I will continue to fight back against dishonest, uneducated car dealers and untrained technicians.

I'm happy with where I am and wouldn't pull up my roots there for anything. I meet unique challenges everyday. One day the issues will repeat. Fingers crossed for timeliness effect.

Permanent codes for either models are to either be fixed and tests run again to remove or use these flashes, reread tune out, knock out those codes, and proceed. For example, a 2013 Yukon transformed from L99 into LS3. Tech drove vehicle after wrenching was done. No tuning was done yet. Threw permanents for DOD solenoids. Nothing I could do because modules are no longer present on engine.

Monitors that fail to set, a flash can be your saving grace. If a Dodge was once flashed with Diablo, then now with HP Tuners, you likely will face something like this time to time. The calibration is corrupt. Simple fix now.

Pardon the title of this thread, titles aren't my thing.
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 10-16-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Thank you for the info. I was a GM tech for a couple of decades +. I still have my login so I still can update my Tech2Win, and Techline Connect. On the dealerside it is seamless and easy. I have set a few trans shops up with computers and MDI2's and they have had nothing but issues with TLC. So you are using VXDiag dongle? What model? I would like to start flashing for Ford and Chrysler products.

Tuner in Training
    I use the cardaq+ with Gm and ford but I have yet to do Chrysler because if you have a problem which I did they don’t help much and just blame it on your computer.
    2006 ram 5.7 4x4
    90mm throttle body
    Comp thumper cam
    Mild port and polish on heads
    Full headers with off road y pipe 3? single exhaust
    8 speed out of 19 ram thanks to Sound German
    m112 supercharger

I already use TLC with an MDI2 so I have my GM covered to a dealership level. Just looking to begin Ford and Chrysler

Tuner in Training
    Are ?sundowned? pods available? Would love to be able to do service/os flashes and updates