Thread: E38 6.0L Standalone Start up File.

Tuner in Training

E38 6.0L Standalone Start up File.

Hello, new to this forum and slightly new to ECM tuning, at least to this extent. About to fire up a 63 C10 with an 09 Denali E38 ECM with PSI standalone harness. Engine is a 2018 GEN IV 6.0l with cam swap and holley intake, MAFless system running Speed density. Wanted someone with more experience to look at my start file and see if I have covered all the bases to get this thing fired up. IE, Vats disable, MAF, VCT disable etc. Thanks to anyone who takes a look at this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Delete your Starter Fault Checks as well under OS and Theft deterrent codes under DTC's. That should get you running. And your rear O2's assuming theres no cats since cat overtemp is disabled. Also you can delete your evap.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I will make the changes. Appreciate the response.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, question. Updated the Editor to the newest version to look at a startup file. Now in the section Engine Diag-General or Engine Diag-General-Catalyst there is no longer and option to disable the post O2 readiness test or even an option for the catalyst test. I wrote in my log notes that I had done the change. I even checked a previous tune where I had successfully deleted the rear O2s and in that file was unable to find it. Am I looking in the right place or has something changed with the newest update?

The newest version of the software removed those features because of the EPA.

Exactly why I will never update my current tuning computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Got it. Thanks for the info!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Exactly why I will never update my current tuning computer.
    What features were removed?

Quote Originally Posted by DSoutlaw View Post
    Now in the section Engine Diag-General or Engine Diag-General-Catalyst there is no longer and option to disable the post O2 readiness test or even an option for the catalyst test.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Tuner in Training
    Update for any who are interested. Went back to a previous version of the VCM suite and rebuilt the start tune with suggested changes. Engine would start and die, was able to get it running by giving it a bit of throttle. Settled into idle and was able to make a scan log. Will review and make changes. But all in all it ran very well. Thanks for the help.