Thread: 5r110 lock up release and 5th gear lock

5r110 lock up release and 5th gear lock

I am having a bit of a hard time figuring this one out.

cruising around 55 and above with TC locked i have to really lay the throttle down for it to down shift...but TC stays locked and it shifts to 5th with TC locked. VERY harshs.

If I am below 55mph it shifts perfectly.. Still have to lay into the throttle but not as much.

My ultimate goal is above 55 for it to unlock TC and below 55 i want it to unlock TC AND downshift to 5th

SOTF 4.0 shit schedule 2.hpt
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by projectlnf View Post
    I am having a bit of a hard time figuring this one out.

cruising around 55 and above with TC locked i have to really lay the throttle down for it to down shift...but TC stays locked and it shifts to 5th with TC locked. VERY harshs.

If I am below 55mph it shifts perfectly.. Still have to lay into the throttle but not as much.

My ultimate goal is above 55 for it to unlock TC and below 55 i want it to unlock TC AND downshift to 5th

SOTF 4.0 shit schedule 2.hpt
    I've been fiddling with these a little, though I'm more concerned with fueling and timing at this juncture. TCC APPLY DELAY and TCC RELEASE settings in conjunction with your apply and release schedules are where you'll find the solution. Mine is too quick to release and downshift with these settings. For me the solution will likely be somewhere between what you have and these. I didn't look at your apply/release schedule for 6=>5. My 6=>5 downshift is a bit "stacked" with the converter unlock so I'll have to tweak those some as well.

TCC APPLY DELAY - TCC RELEASE.png
    --
    RadioAD5GB

2006 6.0 F-250 FX4
    Studded, deleted
    WDI Premium 175/30s
    KC DIY Stage II turbocharger
    DIY full billet trans with many mods and enhancements
    Precision Industries 1600 RPM stall converter
    IPR remote oil cooler and coolant filtration system
    4" MBRP with "Quiet Tone" muffler.
    FASS Titanium 125G