Thread: turbo silverado base tune

Tuner in Training

turbo silverado base tune

hey guys, nm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MatthewRCSB; 11-07-2021 at 12:35 PM. Reason: leaving the forum facbook is better with more support. this forum is for fat old guys on the east coast lol

Engines need fuel to run and this tune has no fuel in it to make it run.

Applying the 2 bar OS upgrades removes the VVE editor from the edit tab and give you three new VE tables, IMRC open/closed/dod. Those tables are blank from the get go and need to be populated again. The VVE and new VE editors have the axis flip flopped so you will have to take the VVE data and put it into excel, flip the data around and paste it back into the VE tables. Then create the VE tables past 105kpa.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    THANK YOU! i was gonna originally post "its like there is no fuel"

ive redone everything to see if i had made a mistake, noticing i had no vve editor.

Tuner in Training
    OK 5FDP

i did as you said and got the truck to idle. and log... seems like its all over the place
    do i leave the maf plugged into the harness or get rid of it? if its unplugged i get a "service stabillitrac" light.
    i ordered a iat sensor with the 2 wire pig tail, would there be any other reason of keeping the maf?

Whatever you did to the VE tables didn't work. Get that fixed.

The whole table require data just like the VVE editor had it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    nope
    Last edited by MatthewRCSB; 11-07-2021 at 12:34 PM.

I also noticed that you are missing two key data points for those injectors.

Your short pulse adder is still stock and so is your offset vs press vs volts. Those need to be changed with injectors. All the places like Fuel injector clinic, fuel injector connection or Deatchwerks all give that data. I never run Deka's in anything with a stock computer because I don't trust the data you find floating around the internet for them.

Also I don't know why you increased your base running airflow so much. You said the engine is stock with just a turbo kit. That alone doesn't require any major changes because the camshaft is still stock and so are the cylinder heads.

Your 3 BAR map data is wrong if you are running a CTSV/ZL1/LS9 style sensor. The offset data is -11.25, you missed the negative part.

The MAF is needed if you don't have the separate IAT sensor right now, don't fudge with the IAT sensor calibration settings.

Tuner in Training
    ill order some new injectors with data as soon as i can, i put these in today haha, hope i can get the truck running with them until then.

it was a comparison to a friends tune. ill bring that back down to stock.
    3 bar yes (hand in face) hahah

thank you again

Tuner in Training
    lol
    Last edited by MatthewRCSB; 11-07-2021 at 12:32 PM.

What is the part number on your MAP sensor. Something is still not right there. The MAP channel is stuck at 120kpa when it either stalls or it's keyed back on (can't tell), that tells me the MAP data is likely incorrect for the MAP sensor. Also that MAP channel needs to be removed and replaced with the 3 bar map channel so it can read over 120kpa.

Looks lean as well, the VE table much lower than a stock VVE in the same areas around idle and even off idle. Even with larger injectors it should be that much. This is where a wideband is really needed, you need to watch what the wideband is doing. If it's going lean that is a problem. You'll have to learn some of this fast or it will be a trailer trip to the dyno.

Tuner in Training
    thanks guy
    Last edited by MatthewRCSB; 11-07-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    lol
    Last edited by MatthewRCSB; 11-07-2021 at 12:32 PM. Reason: lol

It will idle around 14-15 because the fuel trims are still working but your fuel trims show that they are adding in 20%.

So to truly see how far it is off you need to turn off closed loop and all fuel trims. Your wideband will really show what it wants to idle at without the computer fixing it for itself.

It's going to need more fuel to be happy. Then go drive it without geting into boost, see how it is there. Should be fine to take it to whoever is tuning it.

Tuner in Training
    lol
    Last edited by MatthewRCSB; 11-07-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    nope