Thread: ecm always pulls timing on wot runs

Potential Tuner

ecm always pulls timing on wot runs

i have been having issues where the car always pulls 3-5 degrees of timing on wot pulls. ive made tm adjustments as well as iat and ect modifier adjustments. it seems that there is a modifier that i have missed that still pulls timing in these scenarios. I've attached a tune file and log showing what the car is doing. thanks.

2015 chevy ss bone stock car
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thats a lot of timing being thrown at it, from the main, VCP, and PE tables..... At times looking for 34+ degrees... You must have some pretty good gas there because my 6.2 would knock 10 times worse even getting close to that much timing. Look at your knock pids, they be working overtime over there....

If you're thinking in terms of a traditional smallblock, throw it all out the window.... I had to learn the same, these motors take wayyyyyyyy less timing, and won't tolerate it really either.

Potential Tuner
    appreciate the response, what gets me is the car pulls the same amount of timing out only during wot no matter where my timing is set at. when i was doing maf and ve tuning i had it set at 4deg less than stock and would always get the same bumps of kr at wot. it wouldnt ever be leaner than .85 for any of my pulls so dont think its from being too lean. this log was with 4 deg more than stock on entire table minus where it pulled timing from the first run. i took 3 deg out of those areas that showed knock for this run and it still pulled 3+ degrees out.

I would remove the timing that is added by the GAS spark adder table. Also return your knock sensor recovery rate table back to stock, you setup that table wrong. The axis do not go east to west. The higher numbers in a stock table start at the top and work there way down as rpm increases.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

It was still puling timing because it was still picking up knock during heavy throttle.

screenshot.21-10-2021 19.32.51.png